Any other diabetics out there using these boards?

Options
2»

Replies

• lisa91263
    Options
    bump
  • EMicola
    EMicola Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with type 2 about 4 months ago. I was so scared. My A1C was 9 and fasting BG 197... Since then I cut WAy back on my carb intake, lost 23 pounds - so far... and I see a nutritionist every week. I'm very happy with my progress, and so is my doctor :)
    My BG stays around 110-120 all day , I enjoy getting my energy back as the pounds shed. I'm very excited about the stuff I'm able to do now- will start biking again soon! :D YAY!!
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Why don't you join the Type 2 Diabetes Support Group?

cause I don't wanna..
  • leska1216
    Options
    I was diagnosed type II a little over a year ago. I got onto this website and got it under control.. No meds, completely controled by diet and exercise. yaaaaaayyy me.. :bigsmile:

I have been using diet and exercise since 2000 to control diabetes. It does work. I take no meds (for diabetes).

I have been diabetic since being diagnosed in 2000. This week my Dr told me I am NO LONGER DIABETIC!! I have eaten and exercised the big D out of my life. I refused to take any medication for the full 12 years. I am not pre-diabetic either. Diabetes in any form is no longer a part of my life.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've been Type 1 for 23 years and would be happy to have you as a friend, though our issues are a bit different!
  • icrant
    icrant Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have type 2 diabetes for the past 3-4 years, but I was diagnosed only in January 2012, when i started becoming dizzy, with short episodes of fainting. The HbA1c was high (9.2) and the cholesterol readings were bad. In parallel with this one of my eyes had signs of microaneurism. As a result, my doctor put me immediately on Crestor and Metformin!

I got really scared, and in parallel with medication I started running 30-45 minutes every day, or min. 20miles per week. Additionally I was monitoring the carbohydrates intake to be below 250g per day, spread evenly during the main meals (60g-60g-60g) with the reminder distributed across 2 snacks (35g-35g). I tried also to keep a decent balance between macro-nutrients (55% carbs, 20% proteins, 25% fats) with a maximum intake of 1800cal per day. I started also eating more nuts (especially walnuts), to help with the high cholesterol. The result was that after aprox. 3 weeks the glucose readings were within normal limits! At the 3 months checkup my HbA1c and cholesterol readings were also within normal limits! At this point my doctor took me off medication! I continued the regimen (controlled diet + running) and at the second check-up I was also within normal limits, this time without medication!!!

Something I forgot to mention, in the process I lost 75lbs!!
  • fotogenieguy
    Options
    bump
  • Kari_L_Moore
    Kari_L_Moore Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    soooo how is everyone? I'm getting back on track after stalling out over the holidays. Nothing lost, but nothing gained. We started a Biggest Loser competition at work, so I'm hoping that helps me kickstart myself. I wanna win this!!