To Coffee or not to Coffee

Options

Replies

• tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The one thing I refuse to give up. I drink 2 cups daily with 2 Tbs of half & half and 2 tsps of sugar. I've tried soy milk, light soy milk, skim milk, etc. It's got to be half & half or cream.
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    With creamer (4 tsp=60 cal) and sugar (2tsp=30) 90 calories a cup. I used to not even care and drink it till the pot was gone. Now I have two cups max. I even tried telling myself yesterday "eh I can have more it's just liquid". Lol... but I refrained and had my two cups. Today I started lowering the amount of cream and sugar to wean myself off the flavor.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I enjoy mine with a splash of skim.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Black with a dash of cinnamon....3 cups minimum.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I have either instant Moccona or Pod Gloria Jeans with Milk and no sugar every morning.

I'll have up to 5 during the day.

Have an awesome milk Frother if i want to have something special but doesn't add on the Calories.

No sugar, no sweetener, and if anyone really tried it would be used to it in a week. (I was white with 3)

All up 31cal per coffee.
  • eperex
    eperex Posts: 86
    Options
    Learning how to Drink Black coffee has so many benefits. first your only drink 5 calories per cup ( awesome), also you reap all the benefits of lower risk of diabetes as well as Parkinson's disease if you drink 2-3 a day. And also once you eliminate sugar or cream you really start to appreciate the taste of coffee and really know when you drink the good stuff and the crappy stuff. lol :) Just my two cents.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, I don't know the exact cal amount by heart
    2-3 cups a day with at least 1 tbsn of creamer and sugar free sweetener. Tomorrow I'm going to add a serving of vanilla into the coffee for protein.
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Soy cappucino...I just wish more coffee shops would stock almond or coconut milk!
  • Fitness_4_Jess
    Fitness_4_Jess Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I make a Iced Caramel Latte with a small cup of coffee, 1/2 cup almond milk, and 2 tbsp sugar-free coffee syrup. I will the rest of my cup with ice. It comes to 47 calories and gives me my morning dose of caffeine.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Learning how to Drink Black coffee has so many benefits. first your only drink 5 calories per cup ( awesome), also you reap all the benefits of lower risk of diabetes as well as Parkinson's disease if you drink 2-3 a day. And also once you eliminate sugar or cream you really start to appreciate the taste of coffee and really know when you drink the good stuff and the crappy stuff. lol :) Just my two cents.

Totally agree. I asked for a coffee at this coffee shop once and they gave me a 'shot'

I asked for sugar and they yelled "Blasphemy!' lol

Tried it, and it was amazing. I really only use milk as a filler at home, but the above poster is absolutely correct.
  • tdownwa
    tdownwa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No creamer with agave (.5 tsp) that adds 30 calories.
  • emobarbie7
    Options
    sugar free hazelnut powder creamer... a Tablespoon is 30 calories.. I add 3 packets of splenda too.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I drink a 20 oz cup of brewed Maxwell House with Splenda and International Delight Peppermint Patty coffee creamer EVERY morning. :drinker:
    Total calories = 58
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    i pkg of Truvia and either
    2 tbsp of sugar free Coffeemate hazelnut creamer (30cal)
    or
    1 tbsp heavy cream (50cal) and 1 tbsp sugar free Torani Hazelnut syrup (0) for when I am strictly cutting carbs.

I love sweet flavored coffee, so I guess I am a sissy!

Oh, and the SF Pumpkin Pie spice flavor is awesome!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Only black coffee here.

3 or more cups a day. Sometimes espresso in the afternoon. Coffee is good.

Never do I blaspheme it by adding stuff.
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    black. i have about 3 small cups a day. probably terrible for me but i can't help it :ohwell:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Creamer and Splenda. :9
  • thekatspjs
    thekatspjs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    havent been able to kick it. i use natural bliss lowfat vanilla. its 20 cals a tbsp and i use about 5-6 tbsp per morning so i am adding a good 100-120 cals. its my last and only vice.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Coffee, a big thermos of it in the morning, with 1/4 cup of low fat milk, 4 grams of powdered light coffeemate nondairy creamer, no sugar. Works out to 51 calories, and I don't mind a bit. Gets my engine running with breakfast in the mornings.
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I drink it black or with a teaspoon of sugar in an XL mug (15cals) if I'm craving a bit of sweet. Don't usually want the cookies so much after that so I'd say it's a win.