A/C is making us fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I know when we don't run ours and it's really hot out, I am not as hungry.

Me too - but I sure am more grouchy!
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Your body uses energy to warm up so you are going to burn more calories trying to stay warm when it's cold...
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hmm. It's funny. I just read about ppl like him the other day. Is he the type who throws out theories like this a lot (normally, at random times) and pretends to be smart?
  • hulkweazel
    hulkweazel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Complete and utter BS, and just another lame excuse to put blame on someone other than themselves. America is getting fatter because people are eating more and moving less, period, has nothing to do with lame stuff like EC.

In reality, being colder actually burns MORE calories than being warm, since your your body has to relegate your temperature. Not to mention, people are probably more inclined to move around when cold than when warm.

So in conclusion, there is absolutely ZERO basis for his stupid conclusion, and if anything, it would actually be the exact OPPOSITE of what he theorizes.

I apologize if I sound harsh, but coming up with BS reasons for being overweight like this really angers me.