Help! Clean eating the answer?

Options
At my heaviest, I was 198 lbs.
In the last two years, I've dropped down to 155 lbs, with the help of taekwondo, and it's awesome!
My problem is this:
I haven't been able to lose ANYTHING for the last month! I've been watching my water intake, my calories, and my exercise, and I'm making NO headway! It's getting totally frustrating!
I've been really considering clean eating, as far as I understand it, because I really do feel like it's a great way of life, and I like that there's no weird gimmicks, and it's all just about eating healthy, natural foods. I feel like it's a great next step for me, and may be the key to breaking my plateau. I hesitate to implement it because I'm a busy mom of two kids, and honestly, they love a good, homecooked meal. I don't want to suck them into something, just because it's what I do for me. I LIKE to cook for them; it makes me feel like I'm doing a good job :).
How do you clean-eaters do it, implement your kids into it, and keep things on track?
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Clean eating does not mean you can't cook dinners for your family. In fact, it's pretty difficult to eat clean and not prepare meals at home. Clean eating means eating whole foods, but whole foods does not mean the foods can't be chopped, mixed, seasoned and/or cooked. It just means they are not processed or minimally processed (depending on how strict a definition you use) before meal preparation begins.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm not a clean eater but I know some people have great luck with it. First, are you eating enough? If you haven't already check out helloitsdan's post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just started a new clean eating diet thing that might help.....I saw it on DR Oz...The book is called Shred....It is a six week program that changes on a weekly basis so your body doesn't get used to it.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    why would you think you couldn't cook clean meals for your kids? Clean food just takes all the processed stuff away. Everyone can benefit from this, especially children. It is a very natural step to take when you stall out and who knows where eating clean will take you. I absolutely love this lifestyle and so do my 3 kids. It feels so great to be giving them such a good foundation. I know they will never have the issues I had growing up because of it. I love my fruits and veggies and so do they :)
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My kids react badly to dyes, artificial flavors, and preservatives. It takes a bit of practise, but, clean eating is very do-able, and not always time consuming or expensive (just takes more planning).
    I will warn you however, you can still get fat on home made multi-grain bread and preservative free spagetti sauce. I've just taken off the 15 I gained this last year eating "clean".
    That being said, I have better skin tone and more energy that my junk consuming friends.
  • TNGAL3
    Options
    I have been on this clean eating diet for a week. I am feeling great. I don't want junk anymore. My daughter is 15 she is feeling better too.