Awesome NSV

Options
Tonight I completed, WITHOUT stopping ONCE, the hardest workout I have ever done.

Detailed out by my trainer:
Running .25 miles @ speed 5.0, incline 8.0
15 push ups
15 kettle bell swings with 18 lb kettle bell
15 walking lunges with 18 lb kettle bell
15 burpees

X 4, decreasing the incline on the run by 1.0 each succession. I thought I was going to vomit and am sure I looked crazy because I could see everyone else looking at from their machines.

After I finished my session tonight and was walking to the car, someone ran after me and told me "Wow, you looked really really great out there. I don't think I could ever do something like that. I would've just stopped half way through."

Of course I get frustrated by the scale, but tonight I was really really proud of myself for one of the first times in my weight loss journey.

Thanks for all of the support on MFP!

Replies

• heather86RN
    Options
    That is terrific! I would have thrown up for sure. All I can hope is that I can make it to doing a workout like that someday! :smile:
  • annapcc
    Options
    You are amazing! I don't even know what half of those things are!!! haha. Congrats!
  • mariah_papaya
    mariah_papaya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Killer!! Way to go.
  • nnelson33
    Options
    Thank you all! :)
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    now that is a fabulous NSV!!
  • funnygirlt
    funnygirlt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! I think that I would have been crying after the first set, with vomiting sure to follow. What did you say to yourself mentally to push through. I am so far out of shape right now, it is pretty sad. Just recovering from a broken foot, which I think I am using as an excuse to start working out again :).

Awesome job ! You deserve a non-food related reward for pushing through and making it out to your car and home:)

enjoy your day--terri
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! I haven't even tried to tackle a burpee yet. lol
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You're my new hero! Burpees? Yeah...you rock. :)
  • nnelson33
    Options
    Burpees are the worst!
  • nnelson33
    Options
    @funnygirit: Every time that I have tried to get back in shape especially by running I tell myself "You can do anything for 'x period of time'". It really helps me push through. When I first got a personal trainer they had me do sprints for 30 seconds at inclines, and I would just tell myself "it's only 30 seconds". It really helps if you're doing something really difficult to break it down in your mind instead of looking at the entire work out.

I guess that's the same with weight loss right? Easier to focus on decisions you make that day than stressing about the future?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!