Addicted to myfitnesspal

Options

Replies

• liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    count me in as the addicted too. I am here all day at work but I cannot access the message boards from my iPad when I am at home :sad:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I recently got up in the middle of dinner to log something that I had not prelogged. I was unable to enjoy my meal until I did so, which was sad.

So I am taking a break from food logging for now for this very purpose. I can not let the obsession dictate my life, and I have been here over a year so I can not blame it on being a newbie.

I guess there are things worse to be addicted to, but when it starts getting in the way of real life, that is when taking a break is necessary.
  • skidoo1122
    Options
    You are fine. It is not a bad thing to want to create a healthy life..enjoy and good luck
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new as well and my first few weeks were crazy as well... constantly on the site, always logging foods, etc.

However, after a few weeks, it settled to a more normal level.

it is a great site that can give you lots of good infomation and lots of encouragement.

Good luck with your journey!
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    MFP is my facebook.!! I almost never go to fb now, It is totally MFP for me. I have been on this site everyday (except when my computer crashed for a month and had to have it fixed). During that time, I was a mess without MFP! It was like a lost my best friend. Yep, addiction is right but so-o-o-o important in my weight loss journey. The support here is fantastic and I will be on here long after my weight is in normal range.
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I could think of worse things to be addicted to. Since logging I have lost weight, and that only fuels my love for this site. Just sit back and let it take over! LOL
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm completely addicted as well. I barely get on facebook anymore. It's less drama and a lot more inspiration and encouragement!
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Not at all. People often forget to do something for themselves! They're so busy dealing with everyone else's life that they don't have time to do something they like. And no one should make you feel guilty about that!

Besides, it's a healthy thing to be addicted to :)
  • CountryBliss
    Options
    So totally addicted for a good reason - to stay on track.
    Earlier this week I was without easy access to my laptop.

It was MyFitnessPal that I missed the most. Needed to log in.
    I am still new to tracking and I use food diary for planning my day.
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yeah...i'm digging this website...
  • Kevsangel
    Kevsangel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I joined a long time ago but I am really just getting serious and it is addictive. I love reading the posts from people who are actually losing weight and getting healthy to help me get through the days. This is a hard journey and I really need some support so if this is an addiction, I will take it :)
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    i would rather log into this then facebook.

^^This! This is the first website I log into. Sometimes I log into facebook....
  • evemarie1103
    Options
    I have been finding FB more boring then usual lately and just discovered all the forums etc on here yesterday and I think I have a NEW addiction. You are not alone. At least, this is healthier then FB (or I just want to believe that). :-)
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I love it too! Been on for 40 days and it is also my 2nd fav after facebook. Such inspirational people on here!!
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yes you are taking it too far. MFP is an awesome site but it doesn't pay the bills or make you closer to your family.

I notice that people who are on MFP a lot don't have much of a life.

Balance is the key!!

:noway:
  • smb397
    smb397 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I should be working too.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted...it was easy for me to do, can't access facebook from work, but MFP is wide open!
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Totally know what you mean...this site is sooooo addictive. My IPad goes where I go so am constantly checking for updates. Site is so easy to use with everything at our fingertips, friends, food and exercise databases, wonderful, and of course, all the support we receive and can give.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous, how often I'm here. Since I sit at a desk all day, it's easy to just sit here and read :P Then there's the iPhone app.

I guess like everything, there has to be a balance.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's very addicting!!