New to this... Very overwhelmed (need Friends)

Options
I am 36 yrs old
375 lbs....
looking to loose about 150lbs total.
I am doing good logging all my caleries in and my fitness. This is my first real week and it is so much harder than I thought. I could use as many friends along this journey.

Replies

• Yvette22Hernandez
    Yvette22Hernandez Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    friend me, i'll accept---good luck!!! you can do it.
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Tracking everything we put in our mouth is really a wake up call. Feel free to friend me and we'll do this weight loss journey together.
  • d8fsr0
    d8fsr0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll be friends. I have a long journey also.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Add me and lets see what we can do together.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Week one is always tough, don't let that get you down, you're training your body to work in a way it isn't used it. It will adapt and it will become much easier.

Before you know it the weight will be MELTING OFF and you'll be feel like a million bucks!
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a request!!! :)
  • River__Song
    River__Song Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request.
  • Claire200489
    Claire200489 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im in the same boat, Iv used my fitness pal for a couple months but intermittenly and only to track food. thought i might aswell start using the blog and friends option as well as motivation can only be helpful. Iv added you
  • reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I can give you encouragement and definately welcome any you can give! I am down 18 pounds so far, but have another 50 to go. You can do it! I have found that I look forward to all of the kind words and encouragement that I get from my MFP friends.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. Surround yourself by people that have similar goals. track everything you eat (good and bad) and all the exercise you are able to do. Set mini-goals for yourself - both weight and non-weight related. If you meet these goals, then celebrate (just not with food, unless you account for it). If you don't meet those goals, then set new ones and start again.

A couple of things to remember 1) This is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change and 2) To be successful, slow and steady is the way to go.

I know you can do this and would like to help you along the way!
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    It can be overwhelming at first, but keep at it and things will get easier.... take things a day at a time. You've made such an incredibly important decision for yourself and for your health!! Welcome!!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I've become a MFP addict.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have made the hardest step - starting. We are all here for your support. Please feel free to add me! I definitely could use the support as well. Have a great day !
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Honey, you are more than welcome to add me. I hope you set yourself at a reasonable goal of a pound a week, it makes it more bearable. Like someone else said, the first week is the hardest. You're going to have moments of messing up, but just pick yourself up and keep on.
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I will support you, add me:flowerforyou:
  • hijude57
    hijude57 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Make friends. We're all in this together! I needed to lose 150 lbs and I'm trying to take it in 10 lb goals at a time. When I was 300 my goal was 290 etc. :smile: When you feel overwhelmed, talk to us :)
  • debcraig73
    Options
    This is my first week also ! And I am trying to learn all the ropes here also- I weigh 318. I will friend you too ! We both need friends on here and both have a long road ahead of us- we can do it !! Lets keep eachother in line okay?!?!? :) And BTW even though this is my first week on here- I haven't so much been dieting yet- I have been tracking my normal eating habits this week so I can look back and see how bad I was eating- and it's also helped me realize this week how I thought my eating habits weren't "that bad" when they actually are ! So lets do this together lady :) !! Lets keep eachother motivated !
  • newsexywife
    Options
    Would love to be friend. Adding now
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Fat2FitQueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna request u right now we can do this 2gether :heart:
  • twentyco
    twentyco Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started at 314, have about 140 total to lose, but am down 34 since starting in November.