How can I conquer those late night cravings?

Options
2»

Replies

• Melaniedawnh
    Options
    I have the same issue. Having a protein bar works. I buy the brand pure protein. Best thing so far.
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal is sooo good and it's filling.

Sorry but what is refrigerator oatmeal?
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Tricksee's got it: just don't have it. Practice self- denial and it gets easier. Practice it with other things as well: purchases, words you speak etc. and really it gets easier! Use the other suggestions to practice, water, gum, going to bed, distracting yourself etc. Also ensure you are drinking adequate water and evaluate the rest of you nutrition - are you getting adequate nutrients throughout the day? Sometimes the more salt/ sweet we eat the more we crave!

Having said that, you have to live and sweet/salt are meant to be enjoyed so certainly just eat the chips and chocolate in a planned and controlled manner for a treat or on special occasions.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I drink a delicious tea.. I have one called Strawberry Rubarb Parfait.. Sweet & Tangy with 0 Calories.
  • damiannikodem
    damiannikodem Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Having a protein bar works. I buy the brand pure protein. Best thing so far.

try the "oh yeah" brand. its like eating a full fledged candy bar :P (im pretty sure they are not actually that _good_ for you but I justify it to myself because I keep within my limits for the day while having one.)
  • AmandaMonique
    Options
    There are a lot of comments on here already so hopefully I'm not repeating anything. If you aren't opposed to artificial sweeteners, crystal light has helped me a ton! I drink a gallon of water everyday so that always feels like a "treat". I still haven't completely given up diet soda either :/ so on days i know I'm not hungry I'll drink one and I usually feel better.

A chocolate rice cake with peanut butter on it tastes just like a giant Reese's cup. I love it! Even the plain ones are good with some nut butters, fruit. Get creative (:

Also, if you're a gum chewer, the extra desserts line is my best friend. I just bought a bunch of their new lemon square flavor, so good!! The apple pie is my all time favorite though.

Good luck!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    sometimes if you drink alot of water in the afternoon then you don't feel as hungry later or if you eat something higher in protein for your afternoon meal.
  • Lizzie4942
    Lizzie4942 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    my uncle told me to try and brush your teeth after dinner or your last snack so you wont eat anymore because of the toothpaste taste in ur mouth it actually works
  • kitoi
    kitoi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Go to bed. Being tired makes you crave such things.
  • dvs1962
    dvs1962 Posts: 6
    Options
    http://www.conquerpms.com/PMSinfo.html
    EDITED TO ADD: Reduce caffiene intake. Eat foods with natural sodium like celery. It's also a natural diuretic. Lots of fresh fruits/veggies. Subsititute more refined grains with quinoa.
    The poster that said that they eat pistachs is on the right track. Natural,unsalted nuts, especially walnuts, pecans & pistchios helps.
    So you get rhe craving for sweet/salty, next time eat half of a sliced apple and a few pistaschios. Just salty/sour? some carrot sticks & a little bit of hummus.