Chocolate Lover...need suggestions

Options
I am a chocolate lover. My go to is dark chocolate candies. I like to have a piece after meals. Anyone found a low calorie but satisifing treat?

Replies

• sandmaggie
    Options
    If I can't find really good dark chocolate, one piece of Dove dark chocolate savored slowly. Their little pieces aren't really that bad. Just plan for it whatever you choose.
  • kmmuellr
    Options
    http://www.kemnitzcandies.com/

Kimnitz is my hometown candy shop. BEST DARK CHOCOLATE EVER!! All handmade, family owned business.

I usually limit myself to 1 or 2 pcs a week now. However, 20 years ago when my then girlfriend (now wife) worked there I ate a LOT!

K
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I eat Lindt every day. half a serving, which is 2 squares.
  • candjiverson
    candjiverson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if you like atkins bars... but the brownie bites are delicious! And big so they satisfy you and don't make you think you ate a 200 cal bite :) You can get a few bites in there lol.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I second the Lindt. Just have a single square of the 90% - it's like 55 calories and will satisfy your taste much more fully than some "work around" substitution.
  • AmandaDawnRN
    AmandaDawnRN Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I do like the Dove Chocolates. I don't have any in the house right now on purpose. Wishful thinking there there is some 10-20 calorie dark chocolate out there.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    All are good suggestions, but once you taste the 85% dark from Green and Black (organic), you will not want anything else.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    hungrygirl.com has a frozen pb cup .........cool whip , pb, chocolate chip and soy nuts( I think that is all the ingredients) and if my memory is correct I believe its 78 calories and VERY YUMMY
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have a square of Ghirardelli every day. It's really not too high in calories. I think 57.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    All are good suggestions, but once you taste the 85% dark from Green and Black (organic), you will not want anything else.

Yes, awesome chocolate. :happy:
  • pezzerman
    Options
    Green and Blacks 70% dark chocolate...You can have up to 12 squares a day as part of a healthy diet
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    for an extra specia dark chocolate treat, I made a brownie recipe, has no sugar!

2 very riped bananas (smashed well)
    1 c. unsweetened applesauce

Mix these two ingredients together very well. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients:

1/4 c. flax seed mill
    1/4 c. flour
    1/4 c. cocoa powder
    1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
    dash salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Spread into 8x8 pan, Bake at 350^ for 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting. Cut into 16 bars. 51 calories each.
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hershey's syrup, squeezed right in the mouth. It feels so decadent, it makes it taste even better.

45cal a tablespoon (and a tablespoon is a LOT).
  • Kirijyma
    Options
    Chocolate protein bars!
  • Moosiklaydy
    Options
    :Brownie Sundae!!! 1 deep chocolate vitamuffin topped with 1/4C Greek yogurt, a few strawberries, and a drizzle of light Hershey chocolate syrup. You're looking at only about 160ish calories of pure yumminess :)
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Deep deep chocolate Vitatops...
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello pudding cups...dark choc 60 cals or sugar free fudge pops.
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dak chocolate covered Acai berries. By Brookside. Love them!
  • LPsmash
    Options
    One ounce of Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds is usually enough to satisfy my chocolate cravings.
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    hershey's simple (simply?) pleasures are good and they're 30%less fat...but to be honest i'm too much of a chocoholic to ever give it up so if i decide to eat a hershey special dark bar, I factor it in to my daily calories. Still want to enjoy the good things!! :)