Working out alone not cutting it, time to diet, ugh

Options
Howdy all! I'm Antonio. About a year ago I started seriously working out at the gym because I was 320 lbs and hated myself. I yoyo'ed a lot since then but I have been gaining a ton of muscle in the process. I got down to 250 at one point, now I'm 263. I don't really have a goal weight because I don't know how much I'm going to weight when I "look good". You know Alseed from True Blood? Yeah that's what I'm going for. I'm 6'3", 38 years old and want to hit that "look good" goal before I hit 40. I have been very vigilant about working out regularly for the past 3 months now but started to plataeu. My diet is what needs work so here I am. I also know I've always done better friends encouraging me so that is mainly why I am here. I am always open to talk about workouts, dieting, anything really. Give me a hollar (yes from Texas) and I'll always treat you like a friend. :)

Replies

• jhul322
    jhul322 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just came to this conclusion a few months ago, I was consuming way to many carbs and eating way to much to loose weight. But for the past 2 months I have kept to a strict diet (only the outside isles of a grocery store fruits/veggies/whole foods non processed}. Stick to it you will feel better!
  • LitGal14
    LitGal14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That whole "abs are made in the gym, but shown in the kitchen" thing. Just ain't fair, is it? :)
  • VixFit7
    Options
    its not diet, its all about clean eating! :-)
  • kjchapa82
    Options
    What is it about Texas food and weight gain:) Ahh I love my food but I have found that If "alter" my favorites I can actually lose some weight. I am from south Texas so I must have my breakfast taco in the morning. solution? I added turkey to my egg whites and rolled it in a wheat tortilla with a lil salsa:) Not as great as the real thing but still good in it's own right. I also recently started working out at the gym and I actually enjoy it, still a little new to me though. Good luck getting back on track again, and just know that we can all do Whatever we put our minds too. I saw a post on Facebook the other day that said "You've only got three choices in life: Give up, Give in, or Give it all you've got." I am ready to give it all Ive got and start seeing some results!!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    yep.. can't outrun a bad diet!

so true. so frustrating. I gained 20lbs... I was in the gym 4-5 times a week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Yup..pretty hard to create the required deficit for weight loss with just exercise. A wise woman once told me, exercise for your fitness, cardiovascular health, endurance, and strength; use your diet for weight control. You can't out work a bad diet.
  • AltaicaTigre
    AltaicaTigre Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I just came to this conclusion a few months ago, I was consuming way to many carbs and eating way to much to loose weight. But for the past 2 months I have kept to a strict diet (only the outside isles of a grocery store fruits/veggies/whole foods non processed}. Stick to it you will feel better!

Thank you! So far so good!
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    That whole "abs are made in the gym, but shown in the kitchen" thing. Just ain't fair, is it? :)

Not at all :( I have a horrible sweet tooth too
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    its not diet, its all about clean eating! :-)

You are right! I have to get out of that mindset of diet or I'm sure to fail. Thanks Vix
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    What is it about Texas food and weight gain:) Ahh I love my food but I have found that If "alter" my favorites I can actually lose some weight. I am from south Texas so I must have my breakfast taco in the morning. solution? I added turkey to my egg whites and rolled it in a wheat tortilla with a lil salsa:) Not as great as the real thing but still good in it's own right. I also recently started working out at the gym and I actually enjoy it, still a little new to me though. Good luck getting back on track again, and just know that we can all do Whatever we put our minds too. I saw a post on Facebook the other day that said "You've only got three choices in life: Give up, Give in, or Give it all you've got." I am ready to give it all Ive got and start seeing some results!!

I eat a breakfast taco every morning as well, turkey bacon, one whole egg, regular tortilla, cheese and jalapeno! yum! Thank for the quote, I will have to use that! :)
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    yep.. can't outrun a bad diet!

so true. so frustrating. I gained 20lbs... I was in the gym 4-5 times a week.

MFP seems to be the key to keeping it all in order and not letting my eating habits get the best of me. Thank you for sharing with me :)
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The gym is for fitness.

The kitchen is for weight loss.

Good luck!
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    Yup..pretty hard to create the required deficit for weight loss with just exercise. A wise woman once told me, exercise for your fitness, cardiovascular health, endurance, and strength; use your diet for weight control. You can't out work a bad diet.

Wise indeed, now only if I can let that sink in to my daily thinking I'll be set! thank you!
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options
    The gym is for fitness.

The kitchen is for weight loss.

Good luck!

Thank you! I'll need it