I need some friends!

Options
I have been doing this about a month, but it would be so helpful to have people to talk to. My poor husband is tired of hearing how many calories are in his food!
I am a Mom/ Foster Mom. I home school my 4 kids. I love Jesus.
This site has been a turning point for me. By God's grace I can do this!

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend if you don't mind I'm only a high school student! And about your husband: That's so funny! I can't help but to tell my family how many calories and fat grams are in their food too!
  • lauraandmonsters
    lauraandmonsters Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! You have already lost a ton of weight!
  • ridingpoppop
    Options
    Hello my name is Mike and i have using this for about a month. I have a problem getting my Blood -Glouse down to where it is suppose to be. I watch what i eat excersise on tread mill for 1 hr. Always in the 200 to 350 range can't figure it out. Doin someting wrong? Take 70-30 insulin 2x a day *am and 5 PM before meal.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Well I'd love to help motivate and encourage you! I'm a mom of 4 also. I'm also a certified elementary school teacher although without a job sadly at the moment so I'm enjoying being at home with my little 4 yr old. =)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! xxx
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    27 pounds isn't that much when you have 160-170 to lose. Ugh, I'm working at it! :) So thanks.
  • viadelorosa03
    Options
    Haha my husband is getting tired of hearing about calories as well. We were celebrating our first anniversary the other night and I wanted to go to Applebees because they have the "under 550 calorie" menu LOL! I am a new mommy only two months and I am desperately trying to get back into my pre-pregnancy jeans (Almost there) YAAY! I love Jesus too, have a heart for orphans/foster children, and plan on home schooling as well. Seems like we have a lot in common. :-)
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am a SAH mom of 7. I would like to one day adopt a child that is deemed "unadoptable". My husband so far is not sick of me talking about the amount of cals because he is doing this right along with me. You can add me as a friend if you would like. Oh and I though about doing homeschooling but at this point my children are in a really good school so for now I they will go to public. However if the schools get any worse then I will home school.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 18
    Options
    I'd be happy to be your friend too! I could use one myself:smile: I do the SAME thing with my hubby! And now I've got him asking me if this or that is "fattening". I am trying to make small changes instead of dieting from here on out. The last thing I want is to make hubby as concerned with food as I have always been. Being that concerned has not helped me at all and I want to set a better example than I have in the past. Good luck and God Bless!:flowerforyou:
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    Great to meet you on here! I, too, am married...with my hubby tired of hearing me talk about calories. :smile:
    I have one son, teach high school English (I take my job very seriously) and keep my son motivated in school, as well.
    And, I too am a spiritual person! :heart:
  • gillian_gail
    Options
    Well, I've been on here about a month as well. I love new friends and could always use the motivation, and happy to help in way possible :-)

--Gillian--
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend. I just joined on Monday and I'd love to offer you some support.
  • Shannon4J
    Shannon4J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! :flowerforyou:

I'm a stay at home wife/mom/grandma ... I homeschooled our 2 children & our daughter is going to homeschool her children (2 so far & 1 on the way any day!!) I love Jesus too! :heart:

BTW, my husband has been doing this with me since January 1st & he's gets tired of hearing me talk about calories too! LOL :laugh:

Welcome aboard! :bigsmile:
  • katiri732
    katiri732 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a three month old and need to lose the baby fat and break the habits i was into while preggy of just eating. Will add anybody that needs more friends.
  • lauraandmonsters
    lauraandmonsters Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You guys are great! Thanks for adding me, and I added as many as this thing would let me. I am so excited to have people with the same goals. So lets get to it!