Just Starting on here

Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm 31yrs old and currently live in southern indiana. I'm looking for friends and support. I have PCOS and insulin resistance. I signed up for this site in October and forgot all about it. My doctor recommended the site 2 days ago and I decided to look more into the site. I plan on getting on here more and tracking everything.

Replies

• yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome. Please feel free to add me if you would like. I like this site and the support people give. I hope you like it here.
  • kjchapa82
    Options
    Welcome:)) Tracking really helps to keep you in check and motivated, I am finding out how much it actually helps ..Good luck and happy tracking!!
  • mjpra
    mjpra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome . I have PCOS too and would love to share support and encouragement .
  • trcharon
    trcharon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! and welcome to becoming a brand new you!
  • BirdLady23
    Options
    Hello! I just recently (re)started here as well! I'm not sure how everything works yet; still exploring the site!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! With honest and daily tracking of your food and exercise, you will start to notice a change. I have read and there seems to be a good support group for PCOS, so you should be able to find some good friends that can help you through your challenges. Work hard and I know you will achieve your goals.
  • AutumnLeaf81
    AutumnLeaf81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm still in the exploration part as well just looking at what all it has to offer. I've joined a group or two so far and started adding my food this morning.
  • lnd4553
    lnd4553 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I get so excited when I see my friends and others start using this website. It really works wonders and if you become diligent with using it you WILL see results. Feel free to add me! I'm on here every day and am always looking for support and encouragement buddies! Welcome to a new start :-)
  • 406jami
    Options
    Woohoooo! I'm just starting this today as well. Welcome and happy tracking! :)
  • mlakins1
    Options
    HI All! I am just getting in the habit of keeping this up! I dont eat processed foods or meat (as of Monday )! My Diary is open if you want to see some of my meals! I would love some new followers here! Its all about support and motivation!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... I've dropped 128 in seven months. I don't have all the answers but I have figured a few things out. My food diary is open to friends and I have gone from blood pressure of 145/95 to 122/82 and resting pulse rate or 92 to 64. No more prediabetes... I have a new lease on life and heading toward an even healthier me.
  • sfranks1
    sfranks1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me to your list. I have to work very hard at getting in the habit of logging everything, but also looking ahead at what my meals should be especially when I know I will be eating out.

Good luck!