To Coffee or not to Coffee

Options

Replies

• daxazo
    daxazo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tablespoon of heavy whipping cream, and sometimes a teaspoon of coconut oil. High calories, low in carbs, and absolutely delicious :)
  • ByzantineBaby
    Options
    2oz Whole milk, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and stevia in 16oz coffee....181 cals, 28g protein. :bigsmile:
    I have two a day.

I do almost the same thing! I used to drink coffee with heavy whipping cream and sugar but eased into using chocolate whey protein powder so I get my caffeine and a protein boost! :)
  • kimleroy
    kimleroy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I actually love to mix hot cocoa mix into my coffee. It makes it taste like a mocha! You can get pretty low sugar cocoa mixes out there that keep the calories low. I got a gift set with five different flavors of cocoa mix for Christmas, but before that I used to buy the big tubs of it!
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking black (no cream, no sugar) for so long I can't even remember what coffee with those things tastes like. Plain coffee's calories are negligible (i.e. ~2 calories)
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love coffee and will not give it up but I try to limit myself to 3-4 cups a day with 1 tsp fat free half & half, 1 splenda, and 1/4 tsp sugar (to cut the aftertaste of the splenda). Considering I used to drink 5 to 6 cups a day with 2-3 tsp of sugar, this alternative works for me.
  • neniplatas
    neniplatas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I'm Cuban, so I have been drinking coffee since I was a toddler. Drip or American style coffee can be kind of watery to begin with so for me it's got to have cream and sugar. If I'm having a shot of espresso I don't need cream, however. I can still taste the difference between good coffee and bad coffee, believe me. I'd rather have one good cup with real ingredients than several lousy ones with fake creamer and artificial ingredients so it's worth the extra calories to me.
  • neniplatas
    Options
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Black with no sugar. I genuinely prefer it that way. You can get 'light' creamers though if you absolutely cannot have it black. Skimmed milk also works just as well IMO.

I have curbed my intake however, to one in the morning and one mid afternoon during the work day.
  • neniplatas
    Options
    If can even ask this question then you don't NEED coffee. :P

Yes!!! LOL! So true! :laugh:
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Drink mine black most of the time. If I want a treat, I have a skinny latte. At Christmas, I had a sneaky cinammon latte from Costa. Now that is tasty!
  • davidbatchelor
    Options
    Have you tried the Organo Gold coffee?
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I usually drank one coffee a day with some sugar, but now I just drink it black. Still good!
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    coffee, milk 2-4 cups a day, trying to get out of the milk habit currently
  • Runninglibrarian13
    Options
    Black with splenda, usually...sometimes a creamer if I'm feeling like splurging... but always measured out so I know my eyes aren't playing tricks on me. ;) (Cause they do!)
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have 2-3 cups each morning, and it's a vice I'm not willing to give up. Work coffee is usually pretty grim and I usually can only stand to drink half a cup of it after having a nice cup from home in my travel mug in the car. We bought a Keurig for Christmas, and it's changed my life. hehe

I went cold turkey off of milk (cream at work) in the fall, so now just add a little sweetener. Depending on where I am and what coffee, I'll either add just a little Splenda or a bit of flavoured sugar-free coffee syrup. My favourite coffee blends really require little more than a tiny bit of sweetener. I don't even want any dairy in my coffee now.
  • amefrag
    amefrag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you could try evaporated milk instead of half and half... creamy and sweet (even the low fat stuff) and better for the calories
  • haileysugarfits
    haileysugarfits Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I may need to try that!
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    100 calories

I use an ounce of heavy whipping cream and Truvia.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I noticed there are a couple people that like mocha's so I thought I'd share a link to a recipe for your own mocha or hot chocolate and you don't have to use the pumpkin spice if you don't want...

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/10/11/recipe-“pumpkin-spice”-hot-chocolate-or-mocha/
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Black, no sugar. It tastes better that way.

Yes, this!