8 hour diet

Options

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Tried it! Works perfectly. See my picture for my results over 3 months. 30lbs lost!! From 191lbs down to 161lbs
  • scha4r
    scha4r Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Most nights between 11pm and 7am.

This is my exact diet plan! Wow... who knew I was in the cool dieting group?? :laugh:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YEP, the IF groups is very helpful here,,,,it works for some, for some it does not.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Tried it! Works perfectly. See my picture for my results over 3 months. 30lbs lost!! From 191lbs down to 161lbs

Thank you! An actual reply! Somebody who understands the question! Woohoo!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    What's the point? How much could you possibly lose in 8 hours? Sounds useless to me.

It's not a diet that only lasts 8 hours.The plan says to eat all your calories within an 8 hour time frame.For more info,Google it.

Interesting to me,my critics,that this thread has so many responses.Hmmmm,seems to me others really wanted to know about the "quick fix". Wish I could get half the responses for my weight lifting questions.

EH??? Like intermittent fasting. I know plenty who do it. I do a 13 hour diet. :) eat only at work and when I go home I don't eat.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    day after day i continue to be astonished that people fall for this *kitten*

Falling for it? I'm questioning those who have actually tried it as a way to jump start my metabolism and lose the last five pounds.I've already lost 45 on my own with diet and excercise three years ago. I continue to be astonished by the judgemental remarks on what I had heard was a supportive site.I know it's about lifestyle changes and not fads.It's a book by David Zinczenko,editor of men's health magazine and I read an article about it in womens health last night and was curious.LOVE the sarcastic comments by people who are,like me former fatties and not experts.

The rules for weight loss haven't changed since you last did so successfully three years ago. Try that first. No "jump start" necessary (or advised...or, for that matter, even possible).

Agreed, jump starting yourself isn't as pleasant as it sounds. Car batteries pack a helluva punch.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It made me bulky

Note to self: look into 8 hour diet.
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    I prefer the 7 hour diet, it isn't as hard.

I also recommend 7 minute abs in conjunction with this diet.

You beat me to it! I was gonna say the same! hahahahahha
  • avababy05
    Options
    What's the point? How much could you possibly lose in 8 hours? Sounds useless to me.

It's not a diet that only lasts 8 hours.The plan says to eat all your calories within an 8 hour time frame.For more info,Google it.

Interesting to me,my critics,that this thread has so many responses.Hmmmm,seems to me others really wanted to know about the "quick fix". Wish I could get half the responses for my weight lifting questions.

EH??? Like intermittent fasting. I know plenty who do it. I do a 13 hour diet. :) eat only at work and when I go home I don't eat.

Yes this.The part where you said you only eat while at work.Thats part of my problem.I usually pull myself out of the office around 9 pm and have little resistance to snacking by the time I get home.But I don't eat breakfast until around ten so my "eating time" would be between 10-6.I'm thinking that may be too long since I always workout before I eat anything.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what research has been done that shows that this daily fasting for 16 hours will do anything good for your metabolism. I'm not expert, but this goes against anything I've ever heard. Like the notion that eating breakfast start your metabolism each day.

Any research on the subject would be an interesting read.
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just started trying this myself this week. I am still counting calories and am only doing it 5 days a week. (The 2 days I am not, are my long run day and my long strength workout day)

I don't see how it could be unhealthy, unless you think you can pig out like crazy and still expect to lose weight. I am a active runner and can't seem to lose those last few pounds of stomach fat. At the very least it seems to help me stay under my calories for the day so far. Going to stick to it for 6 weeks and decide how effective it was after that.
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
  • avababy05
    Options
    I just started trying this myself this week. I am still counting calories and am only doing it 5 days a week. (The 2 days I am not, are my long run day and my long strength workout day)

I don't see how it could be unhealthy, unless you think you can pig out like crazy and still expect to lose weight. I am a active runner and can't seem to lose those last few pounds of stomach fat. At the very least it seems to help me stay under my calories for the day so far. Going to stick to it for 6 weeks and decide how effective it was after that.

I plan on staying within my calories.I'm not going to go crazy with it just because the guidelines say you can.Losing those last few founds is exactly why I want to try it.I'm doing 30 day shred and extra weights.Doing extra cardio 30-45 minutes a day and sticking to my calories.The last few pounds are not budgeing
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options

Wow! Congratulations on 174 lbs lost! I don't see much stomach fat on you! Maybe loose skin - although I don't see that either!? Again, congrats!
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    (Sigh!) Ok, so besides the snarky comments, it appears this diet is about only eating during an 8-hour window each day. But having browsed the book, it doesn't seem to be about pigging out for 8 straight hours, and I wouldn't eat Reese's Pieces even if I could eat for 24 hours straight, otherwise I wouldn't be on this sight in the first place. Thanks to those who've tried it and reported. I will look into it further. I have always "had to have breakfast", but eating breakfast has never kept me from being chubby. I have thought it might work to try cutting out eating later in the evening but this has never been practical given my work schedule, nor has that idea ever been in synch with my family's schedule, so maybe I'll try the alternative.
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options

I read the same article last night. I agree, some of the posts were a bit judgmental. I actually searched for 8 hour diet today to see what people were saying. I was interested in peoples thoughful opinions on the topic. It was disappointing to see an honest request for feedback turn into such a useless back and forth. I posted a question about a good, simple home routine in weightlifting and got exactly 0 responses. I don't think the book really intends to suggest eating a horrible diet and still lose weight. It may be a good strategy for some people though - like don't eat after 7:00 pm or any other number of strategies that work for some.. The article I read made me think about what I've been doing for the last two years and honestly, the 8 hour diet is how I tend and prefer to eat on vacation and weekends. I just did not know there was any science explaining why that worked for me or anyone else. Guess what, I never feel hungry on the weekends and my best weigh-in day is Monday (after 2 days eating the way I prefer). On the other hand, when I'm eating three meals, a day with a couple of snacks, and trying to spread 1200-1300 calories across 14-16 hours, I'm hungry a lot of the time and I tend to eat more than I do on the weekend when I don't eat my first meal until about 11am (brunch), then at 3:pm (snack or light meal) and then at 7:00 pm (dinner). On the other hand during the work week, I follow the plan everyone says I'm supposed to follow (3 meals and 2-3 snacks) . I'm not hungry at 8am, but I eat then because I'm supposed to. And when I do eat breakfast, I'm still hungry at 11:00, so why not just wait until I'm hungry to eat that first meal.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

I read the same article last night. I agree, some of the posts were a bit judgmental. I actually searched for 8 hour diet today to see what people were saying. I was interested in peoples thoughful opinions on the topic. It was disappointing to see an honest request for feedback turn into such a useless back and forth. I posted a question about a good, simple home routine in weightlifting and got exactly 0 responses. I don't think the book really intends to suggest eating a horrible diet and still lose weight. It may be a good strategy for some people though - like don't eat after 7:00 pm or any other number of strategies that work for some.. The article I read made me think about what I've been doing for the last two years and honestly, the 8 hour diet is how I tend and prefer to eat on vacation and weekends. I just did not know there was any science explaining why that worked for me or anyone else. Guess what, I never feel hungry on the weekends and my best weigh-in day is Monday (after 2 days eating the way I prefer). On the other hand, when I'm eating three meals, a day with a couple of snacks, and trying to spread 1200-1300 calories across 14-16 hours, I'm hungry a lot of the time and I tend to eat more than I do on the weekend when I don't eat my first meal until about 11am (brunch), then at 3:pm (snack or light meal) and then at 7:00 pm (dinner). On the other hand during the work week, I follow the plan everyone says I'm supposed to follow (3 meals and 2-3 snacks) . I'm not hungry at 8am, but I eat then because I'm supposed to. And when I do eat breakfast, I'm still hungry at 11:00, so why not just wait until I'm hungry to eat that first meal.

Perhaps if the OP had actually provided some useful information so that nobody needed to do a Google search to figure out what they were asking about, they would have received more thoughtful opinions on the topic. A vaguely articulated question will not usually solicit much useful feedback.
  • VickiMitkins
    Options

Perhaps if the OP had actually provided some useful information so that nobody needed to do a Google search to figure out what they were asking about, they would have received more thoughtful opinions on the topic. A vaguely articulated question will not usually solicit much useful feedback.

That's a good point. Not faulting anyone asking for more information on what the diet is. Just the negative attitude of a very small few.
  • Steph_B_
    Steph_B_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat at 9am then have my last meal at 5 or 6pm. Isn't it just called not eating late?
  • VickiMitkins
    Options
    I eat at 9am then have my last meal at 5 or 6pm. Isn't it just called not eating late?

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you don't snack after 6:00 pm then, from what I read, you are following at least part of the program. From my reading one of the positives is the flexibility to fit different schedules. When I was a little kid that's what we did, but the way so many people either work shifts, split shifts, 12 hours on and off, or just like me a normal day has me leaving for work around 9:30 and not getting home until 7:30. It's a long day and if I eat breakfast before going to work, it's hard to follow the 8 hour routine. I think for me the time frame is going to b 12:00 noon - 8:00 pm.