I laid in bed crying.

Options
I laid in bed this morning and started to cry.

I was laying there thinking , this is it. I am ACTUALLY loosing this weight! It is a long and sloooooow process, but it is really happening.
I have been carrying an extra 100 plus pounds now for almost 9 years. I am not meant to be fat. My feet and knees just can't take it!

I feel good about this. I feel like it really is a change of habit. I feel confident (not always, but). It is happening!!!!!

I have almost lost 25 pounds now!!!

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Way to go! I have laid in bed crying many days...but never for good reasons. It's awesome you realize what an accomplishment you have reached. Keep up the great work!
  • bjenegiles
    bjenegiles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to you!!! You are doing awesome.

I can remember laying in bed crying my eyes out becase I WASN'T losing weight. I felt sto bad for myself...but now...I can understand your tears of joy!! Just remember that you are beautiful and your journey is only to make you healthier in addition to your natural beauty.

Keep It Up!!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Girl....good for you. I am in the same boat and slowly loosing. I want to be able to run with my kiddos as well. you can do it, we all can, just stick with it and the support will lead you thru. :)
  • gypsy102
    gypsy102 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tears of joy are a good thing!! Keep up the good work!!! You can do it!!
  • meljaniya
    meljaniya Posts: 22
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 25lbs SO FAR!! I CANT WAIT TO FEEL THE JOY YOUR FEELING.... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK =)
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What a great moment, congratulations! 25 lbs isa huge accomplishment so far and you're only going to keep adding to that. Well done, enjoy those tears of joy. :smile:
  • hollymires
    hollymires Posts: 117
    Options
    right on girl...you are doing great!!!
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Ashley! Isn't it a wonderful feeling, to let those tears of joy wash over you, instead of tears of frustration. I wish you well in your journey & that the rest will slide off just as quickly.

151232.png
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Aww, that's wonderful that you are losing, I too am roughly 100lbs overweight and my feet and back are killing me. I've been at it a little over a month and have managed to lose 6.9lbs so far. Keep up the work and huge hugs and congrats to you!!!!! xoxox Bru
  • monmcb
    monmcb Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You should be very proud of yourself, that is a great accomplishment and someday I hope to be there too! You are amazing, keep going!!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Stop crying girls! Your ALL doing great, no matter how much you have to lose or have lost, your on this site which means your already doing great... so tears of joy should be shed :smile: And to the original poster great job on the 25 pounds lost and keep shedding tears as long as they are happy tears!

~Leash :heart:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    *like*
  • tairui2009
    tairui2009 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    There is nothing like tears of joy, Way-2-Go! :wink:
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Last time I laid in bed crying because I was just starting out, and I thought about how long I have to go and it's going to be a hard and tidious project .. but here I am 14 lbs lighter and I feel on top of the world. It is a amazing feeling, and at least they are tears of joy .. not pain! WTG!!!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    I think many of us share your feelings... MFP has made such an impact on so many people - and I don't mean just its members; I mean also the family and friends of its members. One of the great things about this site is that it has people who can TOTALLY UNDERSTAND frustrations and TOTALLY UNDERSTAND the overwhelming feelings of success. For me, this site helped me to finally (after 36 years) lose the weight that just kept creeping up on me after childbirth and aging.

Congratulations and wishing you continued success on this journey to regain your life!! :smile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Ashley,
    Just think you're a 1/4 of the way there! That's terrific, it feels so good doesn't it:flowerforyou: :wink:
    Congrats on all your hard work!:tongue:

Becca:heart:
  • waterlibby
    waterlibby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ashley,
    Just think you're a 1/4 of the way there! That's terrific, it feels so good doesn't it:flowerforyou: :wink:
    Congrats on all your hard work!:tongue:

Becca:heart:

This made me cry again!:cry::smile:
  • waterlibby
    waterlibby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement! This site really has had a HUGE impact on my changes!

I am so happy to actually have tears of joy for a change :) .
    To think, I am actually almost a QUARTER of the way . This is an enormous Milestone!

You guys who have not gotten there yet, YOU WILL!!!!
    Those who have already or succeeded, GREAT WORK!!!

Oh, and when I say a quarter of the way... That is for the BIG 100, I really need to lose around 130. But for now, I am SOOOO HAPPY with the 24! This is since March 15th when I really started using the site.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    now youve gone and made me cry:cry:

I remember that feeling and it was at about 20-25 lb loss for me too. I couldnt believe I was doing it!!

I am so proud of you girl!! Keel up the good work!