Calories

Options
I had a salad for lunch and can't believe the calories in vegetables lettuce, peppers, cucumbers and a tomatoe. Very little calories left for the day so I guess I need to re-look at what I'm eating for the day. WOW!

Replies

• tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How many calories was it? without dressing I count a fairly large salad at about 165 calories
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    How much are you eating? Two cups of lettuce is like 10-15 calories and a cup of cucumbers isn't much more. If you're eating an entire feeding trough of salad I guess it could add up.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I cant brain this. I just cant
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your calorie information? People make their own foods and load them into the central database, so MFP calorie counts for things are not always accurate - I've seen lettuce as 100 calories a cup, etc.

I can't imagine a salad that one could possibly eat made out of those vegetables for more than 150-200 calories....
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I am with you.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options

I am with you.

I'm joining this group
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

I am with you.

Make that three? what kind of dressing? that has to be where the calories are, doesn't make sense:huh: :huh: :huh:
  • 123pip
    Options
    YOU must be eating loads of it!!! i have pitter and salad with mayo n and my dinner is 225 cals
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    It's not the veggies, it's the dressing!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your info from?? I had a big salad today with cucs, black olives, apple, grated carrot, celantro, pan seared chicken and 2 Tbls low calorie dressing and it was under 300 calories.

*edit* This was a homemade salad, not a restaurant salad with a heavily coated piece of chicken and cheese. If you had cheese and goobs of full fat dressing then yes you'd probably run 600 calories.
  • Carpediem117
    Options
    How much are you eating? Two cups of lettuce is like 10-15 calories and a cup of cucumbers isn't much more. If you're eating an entire feeding trough of salad I guess it could add up.

I agree!! I have small dinner salads of lettuce, tomatoe and onion and count it as like 50! If you add chicken etc or a high calorie dressing it may add up. watch dressings/crutons, etc!!

I stick to fat free and low cal veggies, usually a meat if it's a meal!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

I am with you.

Make that three? what kind of dressing? that has to be where the calories are, doesn't make sense:huh: :huh: :huh:
    4*
    i think the most calories ive had in a salad recently was for a bacon ranch chicken salad, but even without the dressing its only like 230..