Weight Loss Pet Peeves?

Options

Replies

• Was going to say my pet peeve is people on low carb/fat free diets..but the topic started out opposite of that. Oops.

There are good and bad carbs. LEARN THEM. I hate that low-carbers are afraid of a piece of fruit. A piece of fruit never made anyone fat. Most low crabs/fat free dieters will go out of their way to find things that say "low carb" "fat free" on them. You're putting chemicals into your body,congratulations.

Pay attention to the ingredients. Ingredients is key. If you can't read something, put it down. I don't like the word "diet"..which is what low carb and fat free is..it's a diet. Eat whole, natural foods. Learn the good and bad cabs and fat and stay active. Your body will thank you. Don't waste your time with anything else because you'll most likely gain weight back. Make a lifestyle change, and do it the right way.
  • pinkcandies
    Options
    When people tell me stop losing weight and then when I lose they say, oh you look great but you better not lose anymore! It goes on and on and on.

Also, people who say they want to lose weight really quickly thinking they''ll be able to keep it off- or crash dieting would be a better word for this.

And completely agree with the post that talks about people saying 'Just this once'.

People trying to feed me when I'm not hungry and I've clearly told them.

People who ask me when I'm going to get off this "diet". It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle! I enjoy eating healthy.

Or people who tell me they'd rather eat whatever they want because you only live once. -___-' Hence, they try to convince me that I need to enjoy more junk -__-

LOL, I just realised I have a lot of peeves hahah! :p
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    ''Being too sexy for my shirt'', right Fred she said ?
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is suggesting TDEE and BMR, when someone is saying they are having mood swings and are hungry all the time, over 1200 calories. Suggesting it as an alternative isn't being "against" 1200 calories.

Another is someone saying, "OMG, you had a cupcake!" Yeah...so? Sorry...but that 300 calorie cupcake isn't going to throw off my entire life.
  • loosesealbluth
    loosesealbluth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not sure if any of this has been mentioned yet, but just the fact that people seem so skeptical of calorie counting! I was at this school get-together a couple of weeks ago and this girl was whining about how badly she wanted to eat a cookie but couldn't because it was too unhealthy. I'm sitting there eating a cookie myself and was like, "Everything in moderation..." and she just kind of looked at me as though I were crazy!

Another time about a week ago I was out with a friend of mine and we were discussing how much time we spend in the gym etc. And at one point I mentioned that I use MFP to count calories and he goes, "I can't do stuff like that because it doesn't work." I didn't really reply but I just wanted to be like, "Oh, really? I've lost 63 pounds that say otherwise..."

Okay – I guess my pet peeve is actually that, because I have a significant amount of weight to lose (I've still got to lose another 80-100), people haven't noticed my loss. Since they don't know I'm dieting and they see that I'm still overweight, I guess their automatic assumption is that I lack credibility – so frustrating!

That said, I can't wait for them to finally realize that I was right all along. ;)
  • mc100in365
    Options
    People asking "Are those new jeans?" every time they see me. That's why I haven't told anyone in real life that I'm trying this time around. :laugh: I know they're trying to be supportive and notice my weight loss (real or imagined) but it drives me insane. Especially when the answer is no.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    When people (ESPECIALLY people thinner than me!) tell me I'd better stop before I get "too thin". Uh, yeah, I wear a size 14 jeans, large or X-large shirt and am still 15 pounds OVERweight. How on earth could I even be close to too thin?!? And that's really, really rich coming from someone who has to shop in the teen section because the clothes in the adults section aren't small enough. :explode:

What they're REALLY saying is "Don't get thinner than me."
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My biggest peeve is that not one of my co-workers have noticed that I have lost 40 lbs!
    [/quotte] I posted that topic yesterday; 73lbs and they are just noticing .
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    When people comment on what I'm eating, and wonder outloud why I'm not shoveling cake down my throat at the speed of light. 9x out of 10, those people are at least 50 lbs overweight...
  • toritoriprind
    toritoriprind Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is that I feel like whenever I start dieting again it feels like it becomes my whole life, you know? Like all I spend all my time plotting what my next meal will be and when the next workout is... it's exhausting.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I hate the saggy diaper jeans look when you are in between sizes and can't fit in a size smaller.

OMG, YES! That's what I'm dealing with now! :laugh:
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    People who only make themselves feel better by tearing others down.
    People trying to sabotage others' weightloss.
  • mcdonoughsr
    mcdonoughsr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm overweight. Just because I'm skinnier than you doesn't mean I can't(shouldn't) lose weight.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Coworkers always looking at what I eat and making comments on how "odd" I eat. Some coworkers say I have an eating disorder and Im now "to thin" I dont make rude comments about my coworkers when they down fast food, or are 100+ #'s over weight themselves. Nevermind the facts that Ive seen people at work consume more calories in a big bag of chips then I do in an entire day, then complain they gained 25 #'s during the holiday! The holiday is 1 day.. not a month long thing lol!

If I hear one more thing about what Dr. Oz is trying to push I just might go postal! I just shake my head sometimes at the stupidity :) Think I got this weight loss thing figured out! I seriously hate my coworkers! I think my biggest pet peeve is tell no one at work about what you are doing, that way they wont bother you!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Stalling/plateuz
    Being cold all the time
    People saying don't get too skinny - when I've been overweigth all my life or you can stop now
    Buying clothes, forgetting them then realising there now TOO big for me
    Expense of new clothes including going down a shoe size!
    People treating you better ... I was the same person 50+ pounds heavier !
    Seeing those naturally "thin" people eating all my "trigger" foods and not getting fatter .... EVER arggh
  • allforthethrill
    allforthethrill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hate:

When I post a topic on MFP about having worked my butt of and burned a heap of calories and all I get is a bunch of people tearing me down.. Telling me stuff like 'your HRM is wrong', 'there's no way you could have burned that many' and making assumptions about my diet and how long my heart rate was elevated for.. Like they know, right?

When I lost 1.5 kilos and then all of a sudden I've gained it back, I know it's not fat, but it's still disheartening.

When I try on some pants and they're too big, yet the others are too small and I feel like I'll never be able to shrink enough to fit in the smaller ones.

Having to make my diary private due to people constantly picking apart what I was eating.

All of a sudden being the person everyone comes to to learn the secret of weight loss and pretty much call me a liar when it's just diet and exercise.

When people judge me for counting calories like they think I have an eating disorder or something.

How hard it is to eat well when my partner gets back from working away, his presence always seems to make me gain weight.. Trying to get a hold of it.

Not meeting my goals and pulling out from socializing because everyone knows I'm losing weight and if I haven't lost enough I'm just judged.

I could go on.. But by far the positive changes in my life still out weigh the negative.
  • alondrasilva10
    Options
    When everyone notices when I gain 10-15 pounds... but yet no one notices when I lose them :(
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people use the term 'skinny fat' and insinuate I'm going to be a hideous beast if I don't lift weights. *shrug*

Definitely this.
  • paprs
    paprs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My current pet peeve is that I'm friends with other people trying to lose weight, who do not log their foods or have any idea of how many calories they're eating. And then when we try to motivate each other, they'll say things like, "OK no more bleu cheese wedge salads! Those are not a good choice", after that's what I order at a restaurant. OK I log everything that I put into my mouth, so there are no "bad" or "off limit" foods. Don't tell me what foods I can and cannot eat, when you don't have the slightest clue how many calories you're consuming with what you believe are "healthy" food choices. Ugh.