Circulation...

Options
Does anyone that has lost a lot of weight find they are cold all of the time? I have lost 80+ pounds and I am always cold and can't see to keep warm. Maybe it is just me?

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Think about it--80 pounds is a lot of insulation.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Yep, cold all the time now.
  • ohnstadk
    ohnstadk Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Could be the fact you lost all the insulation, and I could be that you arent getting enough iron (something that women usually have problems with)
  • colerd24
    Options
    On the bright side summer won't seem so hot
  • CarolinaBeachGirl2
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! Please see your regular dr. for a full blood check up, your body may be telling you something you could hear before. Not to alarm.. you I loss and also had circ ulation problems which turned into a medical problem. I am okay and want you to be okay to enjoy your new body that you worked so hard for.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    On the bright side summer won't seem so hot

I totally enjoy summer! I love the heat!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's really common amongst people who lose a lot of weight. It's not your circulation, it's the lack of fat that used to keep you warm.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Yep! 33 lbs down and I'm freezing ALL. THE. TIME. Bright side: I'm a lot cuter without all that chub-rub, so I'm more likely to get snuggles and fun-time with the husband! :wink:
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yep!! Same problem here. My doc said it was pretty normal in people who lose a lot of weight.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Options
    I do also have Renaud's syndrome? My fingers and toes go numb when my hands and feet get cold. They turn completely white and they are numb till I can get a heat source of some kind. I never had this issue till AFTER my huge weightloss.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    .....It doesn't matter if I am fat or slim.

I'll always be cold. You will love the summer though. o.o
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Options
    I do love the summer! I run in the heat...it just makes me run harder when it is hot out....I fight against it! :)
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Had that problem too but now it Hot Flashes :laugh:
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Options
    Had that problem too but now it Hot Flashes :laugh:
    No hot flashes here yet.....LOL...
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that a lot this year as well. On a related thread, I saw a post that suggested that increasing intake somewhat will help eliminate this problem I will say that I have eaten a bit more this week (still lost a pound over the week) but that I do seem to be a bit warmer. Could be partially a metabolism thing.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've always ran cold, but now I am freezing all the time.

At least I won't be too hot come summer.