Hello everyone!! Newbie here....

Options
Not new to trying to lose weight unfortunately. I have been battling it my whole life. I have had times of success and times where I have let it get away from me. I use the ap on my iPhone and have been faithful logging everything since I started on Jan 14th. I have lost 22 pounds thus far and really feel my mind is in the right place. I feel that is the key, having your mind right. I feel following others and have others follow me adds a sense of accountability, competitiveness and team work. So, if anyone wants to follow me, I will follow you and we can kick this weight loss butt together!! Good luck everyone!!

I personally am wanting to lose 60 pounds, so I am 1/3 of the way there. Of course we all know it gets tougher when you have less to lose. Let's do this!!

Replies

• trcharon
    trcharon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes we can! Congrats ... you are on your way to your goal!
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    22lbs! That's awesome!! Never give up. It sounds like you already have will-power, and that is probably the biggest battle. I totally understand the way things can easily go the other way and next thing you know you've missed an entire week of workouts, then 2, then 3..... Keep it going! You are off to a great start.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderful. Congrats. You have the motivation and I agree having some friends to cheer you on and to help motivate can make a big difference.

Keep going, you will get there
  • megallegos
    megallegos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 25lbs keep up the good work!
  • missmarymcmcmc
    missmarymcmcmc Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! We can do this!
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the 22 pounds so far! That's terrific!! I definitely love providing and receiving support from my MFP friends and would be happy to add you if you want to send me a friend request:) Cheers and all the best on your journey!!
  • Drudge63
    Options
    Hello! I am also new to the boards. I got a lap band about 2 years ago wiyh little to no success. I live with my wive in Nasville, TN. I am 50 years old. I am also a retired chef of more than 20 years.

I have had the app since October but just recently started using it. My dr has recently had me on a protein shake diet for little over a month now. So far I have lost 20 pounds. I am slowly starting to add some proteins and veggies (NO CARBS!!) to my diet and I am seriously counting calories. As I am disabled, diabetic on insulin with other health issues, I don't get to exercise much at least not yet. I am motivated for the first time in years. Looking forward to losing weight!!

I am looking for friends also for encouragement and accountability. I will add anyone who adds me. Thanks!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Hi you can add me if you want any of you can the more the merrier and I log daily and have an open diary
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it has been so very helpful to me and having the motivation of friends is a great help. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • heygirl1000
    heygirl1000 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are on the right track and we are all here to support each other!
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Achievable, period! There are a great bunch on here. Please feel free to add me.
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can add me too....good luck on the new adventrue!