body by vi

Options
2»

Replies

• MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am going to start back on them on Monday and I do two shakes a day. I usually mix the first one with Trop 50 and a cup of mixed fruit and the second on Dark Chocolate Almond Milk and ice.. They are delicious and keep me full.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out the expensive comments. I just did the math and it comes out to $3.87 a day for breakfast and lunch (computed using 30 days a month and included shipping, handling, and tax).I don't know where everyone lives but that's unbeatable in Orange County, CA.

These shakes have 2 net carbs and taste better than any others I've tried. There's a lot more to them that mere "meal replacement," but for me, using them reminds me to eat during the day.

Just started yesterday and I am seriously optimistic.

Because there are a ton of shakes out there that are around $1 a serving. So it's double the price. In the end, it's not the shakes that cause weight loss, it's the calorie deficit. And shakes do not provide greater or even close to the amount of satiety as real food. And the shakes never teach you how to each. And learning how to eat will provide greater and longer term results. And in all reality, you don't even need to use any shake.

Also, there is nothing wrong with carbs.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I know someone who sells these and is only interested in getting more and more people under their belt to work their way up to getting the BMW. A few people at work are still hooked into them and the marketing gimmick, but most have given up. Sorry, but all I can think of when I see Body by Vi is pyramid scheme.
  • iluvivy1
    Options
    I have just started on Vi Shakes....They are SO GOOD......The promoter has been wonderful to me, she has been avaiable via facebook each time I ask her a question, she has lost over 130 pds, (she showed me photos of before and after), She has even called to see how I am doing and has given me "free" products....I needed a jump start...However, I don't think I totally understand what I need to eat and not eat OR how much to eat OR when to eat OR not to eat......She has explained everything to me however, I was always a "muncher" all day long.......So, for me to get organized in eating the proper meals at the proper times has been difficult for me. I realize this is what I need to be doing but, just hard after all these years to change. Especially, when you have a husband that wants pizza, mexican food etc.....

Anyways, I haven't seen a great weight loss yet and I think its because I am either still eating wrong, eating to much OR not enough... If you have the right person to guide you they will give you all the information and teach you how to loose weight and eat the proper foods.

Sorry I wrote so much......Carmen

PS: have you tried it yet?? Or have you purchased the product?? The shakes really really are great!!
  • iluvivy1
    Options
    I asked Alecia when I approached her about the Vi Shakes about the "program and the selling"...Cause I personally do NOT fall for those things.....She never tried to get me to sell the product nor was she pushy, she has only been supportive.....I even asked her if I decided to sell it after I lost weight would that be possible...Alecia told me to first try the product, then loose your weight and be happy of how it works "then" we will discuss how you could become a promoter.......So, I have not seen any negative gimmicks towards this product YET......
  • cr8334
    cr8334 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used these shakes for a few weeks and thought they tasted AMAZING! I didn't end up losing any weight, this could have also been because I wasn't eaten completely clean food with them.
    I stopped using because I realized living off of shakes wasn't teaching myself healthy eating habits!
  • garciabnm
    Options
    ive lost 144 lbs drinking visalus . I know its not the shakes that are doing it, i know its the calories deficit. I also know that i could get the same results by not drinking the shakes, and eating better. The thing is, i wasnt,and when i was at 317lbs, eating crap, fast food,and poor nutrition all together, this was the perfect product for me. as far as gaining it back/ It will never happen, ive worked too hard to get where im at. Im not saying these shakes are a miracle,or a magic shake, all im saying is its taught me how to maintain my calories, and lose a whole bunch of weight.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Garbage products. Some of the lowest quality and ratioed forms of protein and carbs out there. Go to a local nutrition store, support your local small business and talk with the (hopefully educated) person in there.
  • WendySuzanne13
    Options
    Knowing what to eat isn't my issue. I have lost 60 lbs. without meal replacement shakes. Why I am using Body by Vi is that I am forgetting to eat. That has caused me to gain 15 lbs. since October. So now instead it my goal being 30 more lbs. it's back up to 45. As for expense, I did major research and there's. nothing I've found that compares to the price. As I maintain a low carb gluten free lifestyle, and can't handle most soy due to fibromyalgia, the Visalus shakes are the only ones which ticked all the boxes.

Like I said, I just started yesterday but am VERY pleased so far.