Bullying has gone way too far!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    After reading this it makes me want to start up some kind of awareness group but I wouldn't know where to begin. Something for me to look into.

I do not know if this is helpful or not, but there is a group called "causes" on FB that has a stop bullying group
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    After reading this it makes me want to start up some kind of awareness group but I wouldn't know where to begin. Something for me to look into.

Once you look into it, let me know, I would be happy to join you. This is what happened where I live not too long ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

Here is a link to the video she made about bullying before she committed suicide last year, she was 16 years old.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRxfTyNa24A

Completely unacceptable. I am so shocked that so many people turn a blind eye when they see these horrible things going on and right it off as boys being boys or it is part of growing up. Makes me sick.

My own brother drank a bottle of camping fuel because he couldn't take what he was going through every day at high school, luckily he survived (both the fuel, and high school) but there are many who we never hear about that don't.

I remembered hearing about Amanda Todd's story... :frown:
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    OP-Sent you a PM :flowerforyou: I hope it helps!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    OP-Sent you a PM :flowerforyou: I hope it helps!

Thank you very much for the information. I am going to look into this and run with it from there.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I really wish bullying was prevented and not treated after the fact, I also hold this ideal for kids with depression.

Kids need to learn consequences and not just a slap on the wrist of a two-day suspension. That bully should have been formally charged and put through the system and had previous behavior proven to show he is a risk so that they can take steps to correct the bully type behaviour.

This, this and this.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    My rule..I had better never hear of you starting a fight and I had better never hear of you getting beat up without defending yourself to the fullest extent.

BTW, I hope this child does not suffer any permanent damage.

Out of interest, do/would you get annoyed/angry/disappointed when/if your kids don't fight back?