FAVORITE place in America!

Options

Replies

• JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Washington DC in the spring during cherry blossom time.
  • kcatlin9
    kcatlin9 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Come out to Colorado!!! Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs is beautiful, and Hanging Lake is amazing!!! There is so much to see and do here, you will never be bored.
    Been there. Can't disagree.

Also consider parts of Utah - Moab area. Hidden treasure.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I was just on a roadtrip from Chicago to Nashville... Absolutely loved everything about it...
    This is my route: http://goo.gl/maps/fGjFx

My fave parto of it (apart from Nashville, of course) was Bowling Green... I don't know why, there was something about it that I just loved...

xx

^ Nice. I was going to say Mammoth Cave National Park, Kentucky. That's not far from Bowling Green.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I want to answer you something in Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Jamaica... because my biggest pet peeve is calling the United States " America".

Yeah... I was going to say Canada

Canada is in the U.S.A. isnt it :)
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I live in Las Vegas now (which is always good) but Oregon is home and I love the entire state (so many different climates). Coast, mountains, wine country, desert. People always hear about Portland but it's so much more.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If this includes all of north america :flowerforyou: then I would say my favorite place has been North West River, Labrador. It's like home to me, flipping loved it there.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    New York City we go all the time and if you stay in New Jersey and take the train into the city its not that expensive we usually go a week at a time and I only live about 2 hours from there
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    North America
    South America
    Central America

wich one? :huh:
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, positively visit Alaska at some point in your life. I worked there all summer and a more beautiful place I have never seen. The hiking is amazing, the views gorgeous, and the people are great!

(in fact, the picture on my ticker is one I took while hiking up Mount Juneau!)
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bar Harbor, Maine. Acadia National Park. Thank me later.

Are you from Maine? I lived near Acadia this summer, and went every weekend with my Baby Girl :-)
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The Grand Canyon!! Or, yes, my home state of Maine :-) Acadia is beautiful!
  • Heather_Marsalis
    Options
    New Orleans, LA! But go AFTER Mardi Gras.... you'll still the full cajun experience without the insane crowds and traffic. Bourbon Street and the entire French Quarter is a must during the day for shopping, food, the Voodoo Museum... take a trolly ride through the Garden District... then head back to Bourbon at night for a party! Just outside of the city one morning, take a sunrise swamp tour. Most beautiful thing you will ever see! New Orleans is home to one of the most amazing zoos (Audobon) and the Aquarium of the Americas which is breathtaking! It's also an easy city to navigate by car and by foot.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Candlestick Park, San Francisco.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    America??

GO TO ARGENTINA!
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. Dozens of hiking trails through the Hoh Rain forest, moutains and along the beaches.. Love it! I miss being there!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    Glacier in Montana (in summer.) River rafting!

North Shore Oahu....get a snow cone at Matsomoto's and hang out at Waimea beach.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm particularly fond of your West Coast. Love San Francisco, anywhere in Coastal Oregon or Washington is pretty awesome too. You are always welcome to come check out the southern BC coast too. It's beautiful here :)

If you are going up towards Washington, my Daughter lived a few years in Idaho and said it was beautiful for camping and nature.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking a road trip might be in order in the next couple of months!

I need suggestions of your Favorite place to go in America, and Your Favorite things to do once you are there.

I have already been to these places at least once, and would like to try something new:
    Orlando, FL
    St. Louis, MO
    Chicago, IL
    NYC
    Boston, MA
    L.A
    San Diego
    Houston, TX
    Estes Park Colorado,
    Nashville, TN
    Louisville, KY
    St. Paul, MN....

I do like the outdoors, I love nature walks, canoeing, etc. I don't even mind camping on a fixed campground site what has a shower house... But I'm not exactly a 'let's completely rough it out in the wilderness with only a pack a matches, a compass, and a contraption to filter our own urine into drinking water" type of girl either...

I'm also not really into 'modern art',or poetry readings type attractions to visit.

And being toooo close to any animal bigger than a large dog also freaks me out a little.

Keeping those things in mind... I'm open to any of your suggestions!

Thanks for your help!

No question. San Francisco. Stay at the Hyatt.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Glacier National Park is spectacular, lots of hiking and critter watching, Other National parks.. Yosemite, Denali (if you can get to Alaska), Zion, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone...
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I didn't see Washington DC or Las Vegas on your list. Arizona has some nice stuff. Madison, WI is a great city. I'm sure theres more but thats all I have now.

VEGAS! :love: It's where I live now, the hiking pic on my profile is near Lake Mead by Hoover Dam. Lots of fun outdoorsy stuff out here, then you can hang out on the Strip at night :bigsmile:

And my parents live in DC now, it's a great place to visit in the springtime with the Cherry Blossoms and all the free monuments and museums. Even if you say you're not politically minded, they have the Smithsonian museums with National History (who doesn't like the Hope Diamond and dinosaurs??) or Art galleries - and there's also like the Newseum or the Spy museum that are kinda different, but do cost money. And just seeing the tributes to our fallen is an incredible experience. Worth a visit and could be a cheaper vacation if you planned it right! :smile: