Who needs cauliflower? (Broccoli Pizza Crust - with pic)

lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
Last night I was on my own for dinner. The husband had a late meeting, the kids were already fed, and it was just me. When it's just me, I like to make things that only me likes to eat. I wanted to make the cauliflower pizza crust pizza but I was out of cauliflowers and mozzy cheese. But I am stubborn and when I want something, I will make it happen. I had broccoli. Why not broccli? I had 2% shredded mexican cheese. Why not 2% shredded mexican cheese? :laugh:

So I immediately got the broccoli out and started chopping!

m227101334.jpg

I threw the broccli in a bowl with 2 egg whites, and about half a cup of the mexican shredded cheese. Mixed and then added some salt, and garlic powder to the mix. Stirred and then plopped the mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet. I shaped it into a circle to make it look like a pizza crust. Stuck that sucker right into a 400 degree preheated oven for a good 25 minutes and voila!

m227101335.jpg

I removed it from the oven and topped it with pizza sauce

m227101336.jpg

Then added all the goods, spinach, mushrooms, cheese!

m227101337.jpg

Threw it back into the oven but put the broiler on high for about 5 minutes until everything was melty.

m227101338.jpg

I let it sit for a couple of minutes then I sliced it right up and enjoyed the entire thing for only 350 calories!

m227101339.jpg

Nom. Nom. Nommmmmmm. :bigsmile:

Replies