30 day shred newbie

Options
Hey guys I'm on day 2 of the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and like I expected she's kicking my butt literally ( one of her favorite exercise moves butt kicks) I'm trying to lose 100lbs. I need help to stay on track and be motivated and find those who are in the same boat with me!! Thanks for your time.

Replies

• mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred and took a day off after day 5, then started again and stopped after day 2, now I am trying to get the motivation to start again
  • terrib1980
    terrib1980 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 6th day of the 30 day shred and I'm loving it! I have to talk myself into it every night but after I am done I feel so good! I'm trying to lose 30-ish lbs.
  • vvwilly
    Options
    I'm waiting for mine to get here from Amazon : )
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started 30 day shred and I literally couldn't walk up and down the stairs without bursting into tears. (My thighs hurt so badly). I am trying to lose 100 pounds and I am now down to losing 91. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other to stay on track.
    I so so so want someone to push me to start 30 day shred again. I definately want to get into shape and get fit. Add me!!!! :)
  • canambus
    Options
    I just finished day 4, I am feeling better now afterwards than I was on day 2. Hoping to see some visible results after I'm done.
  • alisi85
    alisi85 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please tell me the pain goes away after day 6? lol
  • canambus
    Options
    I sure hope so. Day 4 is already an improvement pain wise. I workout in my basement and had a hard time getting down there the last few days (thighs are killing me).
  • alisi85
    Options
    Hey, I started 30 day shred and I literally couldn't walk up and down the stairs without bursting into tears. (My thighs hurt so badly). I am trying to lose 100 pounds and I am now down to losing 91. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other to stay on track.
    I so so so want someone to push me to start 30 day shred again. I definately want to get into shape and get fit. Add me!!!! :)

That's awesome..yeah forsure we can motivate each other till were 100lbs lighter!!
  • alisi85
    Options
    I sure hope so. Day 4 is already an improvement pain wise. I workout in my basement and had a hard time getting down there the last few days (thighs are killing me).

I can't even think about stairs man just getting in and out of my car kills me ...ughh keep going let's finish the 30 day shred strong :)
  • alisi85
    Options
    I just finished my 6th day of the 30 day shred and I'm loving it! I have to talk myself into it every night but after I am done I feel so good! I'm trying to lose 30-ish lbs.

Does it get easier after day 6th? Lol yeah even though I'm only on day 3 I feel so good after every workout tired/exhausted but good!
  • pedritos1
    pedritos1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im on day 8 and i must say the first 3 days were the worst. Just keep going and pushing thru the pain, it does get easier. I still havent been able to do the whole level one without stopping for a mini break, especially with the jumping jacks and jump rope. But I keep going because i know it will pay off in the end :wink:
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey, there is a group of us starting a 30 day shred challenge on Sunday. If you'd like to join, here's the link!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12075-join-me-in-jm-30-day-shred-starting-2-10

Feel free to add me - I'd love to help motivate you! I know I'm gonna be happy for the support!!
  • ASorensen27
    ASorensen27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2, I have such a hard time wanting to do it every day. I have tried it several times before and got to day 5 and quit. I am hoping this will be the time I follow through :P I hope you have better luck then I have.
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 after starting what seemed like a hundred times but never making it past day five or six. I'm still on level one, and to be honest I will probably do it another four or five days before I move to level two but I can tell you that I have seen a HUGE improvement since I started.For some reason the first cardio section still kills my calves although it doesn't hurt to sit down any more and I can almost make it through the whole thing with out stopping longer then to take a drink. I can really tell you that it definitely gets easier, I just did the first real pushup of my adult life, granted it was just one, but now I can do 18 girl pushups before I have to stop which is about 17.5 more then I could before. Stick with it girl, it will get better! You can also add me if you'd like for mutual support :)
  • sarie943
    Options
    Hey! I'm also trying to lose 100, down about 11 now! My husband and I have been doing circuit training (in our apt, without weights really, just body weight), so when I started the 30 day shred today, it wasn't that bad... until about an hr later when I tried to stand up!! lol, anyway, I'm hoping to stick it out for the 30 and will def need motivation! Let's do this!!!!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    YES the pain does subside. Just finished day 4. Im gonna start doing it in the afternoon as well. I wear a HRM while Im doing it and on day 2-3 I did not burn too many calories. Today I felt much better and I burned almost 200 calories. I go for a jog afterwards and it has helped to relieve the tension. I soaked in an Epson Salt Bath(Lavender) and bought sore muscle rub (CVS) and it helped. I cant wait too see the results.
  • maryrussosimeone1
    Options
    I just ordered mine from Amazon. I have lost10 pounds in 3 weeks. I am getting frustrated because I consume no more than 1200 calories to 1500 calories. The weight loss has slowed down. Hoping this will jump start my weight loss!!
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm waiting for mine to get here from Amazon : )

Me too!!! All these people getting their butts kicked are scaring me but I can't wait to start!!!!
  • notyourpalbuddy
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on level 2 day 4. Let me tell you, it has kicked my *kitten* in a great way. I've lost weight but its mostly that I feel stronger. Day one I could barely even do the jumping jacks so stick to it and you'll feel your body getting stronger :D.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I have completed level one, twice. Advice I wish I had taken the first time was to marm up much longer. I now warm up for an hour before starting. Second is to eat enough and eat enough protein that it equals protein 1-1 with your lean mass. For most women that means 1 gram per pound. The average woman needs 100 grams of protein per day. Build it and lets go! We are strong!