Why isn't more weight coming off?

Options
Hi All,

I've been working out six days a week for the past four weeks and still can't seem to get below the 5 lbs. I lost two weeks ago! I average about 30 minutes a day on the treadmill, sometimes 45 minutes and have worked with a personal trainer twice a week. I drink lots of water, make fairly smart food choices and stay on or below my calorie goal. I am 5'6 and am currently at 160 lbs, but expected to be at at least 156 lbs by now. My goal is to lose at least 20 more lbs. What could I be doing wrong? Any advice?

Replies

• leesoolim
    leesoolim Posts: 7
    Options
    Try switching it up! Your body might be use to what you are doing! Beside it will be more fun to try something different. Don't get discouraged! Stress adds to weight gain too.
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    You may be losing fat...and GAINING muscle. Don't rely on the scale....get a tape measure. :)
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    Plateaus are not nice. Try changing around some things.. try a different workout, It’s good to change your workout every 4-6 weeks to confuse your body… and eating your workout calories helped me. Sometime not eating enough calories cause the body to hold out in fear of starvation.
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Try switching it up a little bit. Also, try adding strength training into your routine. Even 15 minutes a day helps out. Your body could just be used to the routine. I found something on the internet I found interesting: "If you do 10 push ups one day your arms hurt, if you do 10 push ups everyday , your arms no longer hurt" Your body gets used to the motion and no longer burns like it used to. Try doing a low pace, high intensity work out one day, the next day try a high pace, low intensity work out. For example, One day I Run at a high spead for 20 minutes on the treadmill with no grade. The next day I Walk at a moderate pace for 20minutes using a high grade. Just some thoughts that seem to work for me.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey, have you looked at your foods? Do they contain Hydrogenated oils, partially hydrogenated or monodiglycerides? That could be doing it too. I found out about that deadly food preservative and when I cut that from my diet completely I lost 10lbs without changing a thing. If you want more information on it take a look at this page it is long but so well worth the time reading!
    http://www.dldewey.com/hydroil.htm
    Again tons of life saving information. Make sure to scroll down to the bottom to read the article. Whew, they added a lot of stuff since the last time I read this article in 2007.
  • winningthin
    winningthin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice ladies. Much of what you have shared really resonated, so I will take your advice and see what happens. One thing is for sure, I can't look back!
  • winningthin
    winningthin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your great advice Smiley. Several others have said the same thing, so I'll change up some things on my workout and continue to forge ahead. The muscle gain idea sounds about right, I definitely feel a lot of soreness in my legs.

See you online.