You look so happy! Congradulations! Keep going
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's great. Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • mamalaluna
    mamalaluna Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    AMAZING job!! You look wonderful!! What is your diet and exercise??
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    Way to go!
  • hreu213
    Options
    Great job! :)

It's an incredible feeling to get to your pre-pregnancy weight - I can't wait!

Defs celebrate this NSV!
    xx
  • kitty_764
    Options
    Can I ask what your exercise routine is?
  • Amlynnskie
    Amlynnskie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go!
  • saldelmar
    saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • saldelmar
    Options
    Can I ask what your exercise routine is?

Thanks everyone - you're all so supportive! We have a treadmill in our basement so I've been using that 4 or 5 times a week for 30 minutes at 4.0mph. That's the only exercise I've incorporated, though I know I should be lifting too... I know lots of people do better with variety, but I like the boring, same-exercise-every-time method, LOL! I'm sure my body will crave variety eventually, and I'm also sure that it'll be better to switch it up, but so far it's working for me... Another pound down as of this morning, yay! Good luck to everyone -- this can be a solitary process in a lot of ways, so it's really nice to be in a community of people who are doing it too!
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    That's great! You look fantastic and love your new hair!
  • Mazzela5
    Options
    You look amazing and happy!!! What calorie goals did you set and what is your typical daily diet consist of? That kind of weight loss is great progress....I want that!! lol.
  • saldelmar
    Options
    You look amazing and happy!!! What calorie goals did you set and what is your typical daily diet consist of? That kind of weight loss is great progress....I want that!! lol.

Thanks! :) MFP initially set my calorie goal as 1350, but then when I lost about 10 pounds, they recalculated it as 1260 (this almost made me cry, and not in a good way, LOL!) So I"m at 1260 now. I've realized that I snack a TON, and this works for me. Here's my typical diet:

BREAKFAST: oatmeal, a bit of milk in it, and COFFEE (I put this in all caps because I have a 3-yr-old and a 1-yr-old, LOL), usually a banana too

MORNING SNACK: Chobani Greek yogurt, usually

LUNCH: turkey on light wheat bread (45 calories per slice) with mustard, plus a bunch of baby carrots and a few pretzels

SNACKS: apple, granola bar, sometimes a handful of almonds

DINNER: this varies a lot, but I usually try for 300-400 calories, whatever it is (recently: stir-fry, or chicken tacos, or spaghetti with tempe and wheat pasta, or aloo gobi with brown rice)

POST-DINNER SNACK: Jello chocolate pudding (60 calories), a cup of tea late at night before bed usually

I really am a snacker!! I try to drink the required amount of water, but it's not easy...
  • saldelmar
    Options
    That's great! You look fantastic and love your new hair!

Thanks!! I sent it to the organization "Locks of Love," which makes wigs for kids who have lost their hair (due to chemotherapy, or alopecia). If anyone has long hair and is planning to cut it, you should check out this organization -- they're awesome! www.locksoflove.org
  • katieqp
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! It is very noticeable, and you look so happy!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great victory!!

I started off at 162 lbs as well! I was 5 months postpartum, and it was in early November. I'm 142 now (at 5'0"). I still have 7 more lbs to pre-pregnancy weight and then another 15-25 to goal, but it is SO encouraging to see other women who have made it to their pre-pregnancy goal and are still truckin' along!

Good work!! And that's actually a VERY impressive pace to have lost the weight. I'm astonished!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    *high-five*
  • wntrbreez
    wntrbreez Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You've gone from fluffy to rocking-the-curves! Well done!
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job!
  • panamericus
    panamericus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look fantastic!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great job! 17 lbs is a HUGE loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!