20 days

Options
I've logged in for 20 days in a row now.. excersizing and eating better and have lost one pound.. wth am i doing wrong? this is really discouraging someone please help!!! im not eating anymore than 1200 calorie meals!! why am i not losing??

Replies

• SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Without seeing your diary it is hard to say but I'm guessing you're only eating 1200 calories even when you exercise?

If this is the case then your body is in starvation mode so you won't lose anything. 1200 is the minimum and is roughly based on someone who does little to no exercise. If you burn four or five hundred calories exercising then you're only eating 700 calories which is way below what's needed so your body starts to slow down to compensate for the lack of food.

I would say eat all your exercise calories and see what happens. Starvation mode is very common with the people I see coming on here. Eat more and you will lose more, crazy I know but it really does work!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain - I've been logging my food and exercise for 15 days and have only lost maybe a pound. I've been exercising 6 days a week, eating my exercise calories, drinking water (something I never do) and still nothing. Frustrating thing is that I followed the same program I am now back in December and I lost 8lbs in 10 days.

I went and bought a body fat %/body water %/etc scale yesterday... I'm hoping if I don't see any changes in weight I'll see some changes somewhere else in a positive way!

But we both know, even if it doesn't show on the scale yet, that we are doing the right thing for our bodies and we will benefit from it. So don't get discouraged and keep up the good work!!
  • SimonLondon
    Options
    If you are eating your exercise calories then the other possibility is that your body has become used to your eating and exercising so puts you in a plateau.

Try this:

With regards to calories eat more one day, less the next, more the next and so on. A couple of hundred either side keeps your body guessing so it burns more because it thinks that every day won't be a low calorie day.

Secondly change your gym routines so you never do the same thing days in a row.

When I hit a plateau I did this and within 2 days I was out of it and losing nicely again.
  • lilykarger
    lilykarger Posts: 25
    Options
    I do eat all of my exercise calories i make sure of that!! I am doing the p90x so i am changing my routines every day... i just dont understand waahhh
  • SimonLondon
    Options
    I would still try increasing and decreasing your calorie intake in case your body has grown used to a set amount.

If that doesn't work maybe see a doctor to see if there is any medical reason?
  • StephHowwood
    Options
    What kind of workouts are you doing? Perhaps you are overestimating how much you are burning off? What exactly do you do to workout? Are you estimating your caloric intake correctly? I tend to try and overestimate on the food I'm eating just in case - unless of course you are weighing absolutely everything. A couple of hundred calories can sneak into your diet so easily! For example, 1 tablespoon of olive oil is 100 kcal! It could just be in a couple of hundred extra calories you are taking in without realising, combined with overestimating your workouts by a couple of hundred calories, and boom - no weight loss! Also, weekends can be bad. I like to drink some wine on the weekends, so I need to eat only about 1000 calories a day all week so I can then have some fun on Saturday night. Hope some of this info has given some ideas??
  • lilykarger
    lilykarger Posts: 25
    Options
    I posted my diary for everyone to see..