NSV - Shopping in my closet

Options
Fit147
Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
I was able to slip into a pair of size 14 pants this morning that I haven't worn in 3 years. My husband noticed and asked if I went shopping. I told him it was even better, I spent no money by 'shopping' in my closet. It's been such a long time since I've worn them, they feel like new clothes. I am one of those people that kept all of my smaller size clothing so except for buying a few new celebration pieces, I pretty much have a wardrobe to step into all the way to size 10.

Replies

• bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Way to be frugal!.."shopping in my closet"!! LOVE your words and they ring true for me too, it's a great reminder!

Maybe I'll go out and buy mysels a "blue light", before the closet doors open, for the special's I'll have go'n on soon.

Thanks for posting this!
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! great job!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    That's great...you're on our way... and have the clothes to get you there. You'll be in those 10's in a couple of shakes. Enjoy those new free jeans and your new look. :)
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was able to slip into a pair of size 14 pants this morning that I haven't worn in 3 years. My husband noticed and asked if I went shopping. I told him it was even better, I spent no money by 'shopping' in my closet. It's been such a long time since I've worn them, they feel like new clothes. I am one of those people that kept all of my smaller size clothing so except for buying a few new celebration pieces, I pretty much have a wardrobe to step into all the way to size 10.

This is one of the best NSVs, in my opinion! Congrats! I did the same. I took really good care of my clothes and I felt terrible about throwing them away, so I sold some of it at yard sales and the rest I was stuck with. After losing my first 10 lbs I realized that it was a good thing I kept them around! I'll be fitting them again in no time! Well, it turns out this new lifestyle was a lot more hardcore than I originally thought; all my old clothes are too BIG! I'm a size Small now, a size I've never been able to fit into my entire life.
  • lomins
    lomins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love this! I have so many clothes in the back of my closet that I can't wait to wear again! This time, I'm throwing out the "fat" clothes!
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do this!! (I gained at a slow enough rate that lots of things wore out as I was outgrowing them).

Congrats!
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Such a good feeliing I know. I got rid of all my big clothes, mainly posting in a community online yardsale. I had a few small things too but since i started losing in Oct I go to the local used clothing store and have been buying lots of treats. Feels good.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    yey for you
    unfortunately i have never been this skinny before or not since i was 16/18 and i hope my style has moved on
    but i did alter all my clothes till i got to this and then bought a new wardrobe in size 10/12

congratulations and enjoy your new wardrobe!
  • CCJP
    CCJP Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is one of my big goals! I won't need to do much shopping once I'm in better shape - I have a ton of clothes (especially jeans) just waiting for me to fit into them again!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is so great...I'm planning on the same thing today. I'm going to get rid of anything that is way to big and bring out some stuff that has gotten shoved back and back. Great job!!!!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Yay! Isn't that the best? Awesome NSV! :-)

And you're lucky it's working! while I dropped weight, I seemed to have shifted the weight, too.... so my pants all fit me wrong. *Sigh* But it's still awesome! :-)
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    yay! thats great ;) Pre-pregnant I work at a trendy boutique and always brought home cute little things, most still have tags. Now, they sit there waiting for me to lose this pesky weight. I dont fee confident enough to show my arms again in strapless numbers, But i'm determined to fit into them again!
  • winterswish
    Options
    Yay! Isn't that the best? Awesome NSV! :-)

And you're lucky it's working! while I dropped weight, I seemed to have shifted the weight, too.... so my pants all fit me wrong. *Sigh* But it's still awesome! :-)

^^^I'm worried about this one, too! But I guess I'll just risk it and take the loss (and some new clothes!).

I actually have two boxes under my bed with numbers written on the outside of the weight I was when I wore them because I gained the last 25 pounds so quickly (oh divorce stress, you bad little monkey). I kept the cutest and nicest stuff KNOWING I would get back into them. I'm about 5 pounds away from "shopping" out of the first box. Yayyy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!