30 Day Shred- anyone want to join me?

Options
After ordering the 30 Day Shred at the end of last week, it finally came in the post this morning. Would anyone like to join me? I know its mid-month so it's an odd place to start but it is a Monday!

I just did level 1 and tried to keep up with the harder version. Definitely sweated it out!

My start weight is 196.2lbs (for this stage)

Anyone joining me?

Replies

• Emmagarratt2010
    Options
    Im in chick, got the dvd a few days ago also so will be good to do it along with others to see how we all get on :) Is it 10 days on each level? x
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to say how many days you have to stay on each level but yeah that's what I'll be doing.
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    Hi, I am doing this too.

It should be 10 days on each level - straight through, but I tend to have 1 day off at a weekend.

Only started last week - really wish us all good luck, I love Jillian I think she is great.

x:smile:
  • jlo7
    jlo7 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi. I just got the DVD last night and was planning on starting tonight. I've heard how hard it is but I'm ready for the challenge.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just started yesterday - how convenient! I'm gonna try to do 10 days each level STRAIGHT THROUGH. We can DO this! :wink:
  • sarahhnash
    sarahhnash Posts: 38
    Options
    I got the dvd this weekend, and just did level one this morning. I am about the same weight as you... I LOVED IT! Hoping for good results:)
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    me me me!

i didn't even know that so many people started today, but yes, let's do it!!!:laugh:
  • vicidoesstuff
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 complete. I do love Jillian's way of training. You can tell she knows exactly what she's doing and she loves doing it - and she really cares about her clients. This is my favourite workout DVD yet.
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    looking forward to day 3 today... how is eveyrone doing? i found day 2 easier, in that i knew what was coming, but harder, cause i was pushing my body for the second day...

i love the way Jullian explains things, but I also like her light heartedness, like when she cracks the joke about her not being all that flexible.

i bought my dvd in a box set with yoga meltadown and a melt fat boost metabolism dvd. ive done the yoga meltdown so far and whoa! they're hard!!! i love her dvds
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 24. I did Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 11 days (I was on vacation) and started Level 3 two days ago. I was on another thread but it has petered out! I schedule the 20 minutes every day, it has been easy to make time. I wanted to encourage all of you, but I had to laught-I want to see if you, funnygrrl, still like Jillian at the end;) I usually listen for two days but then it is on mute and I put on some music! also, I joked that on the first day of Level 2, Jillian said, "I want you to feel like you are dying." Well, I did, and I wished she would too! J/K
    It is a tough workout but I can do a couple of real pushups now and I think I am stronger. But 20 minutes a day is not going to add up to significant weightloss...
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    I am on Day 24. I did Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 11 days (I was on vacation) and started Level 3 two days ago. I was on another thread but it has petered out! I schedule the 20 minutes every day, it has been easy to make time. I wanted to encourage all of you, but I had to laught-I want to see if you, funnygrrl, still like Jillian at the end;) I usually listen for two days but then it is on mute and I put on some music! also, I joked that on the first day of Level 2, Jillian said, "I want you to feel like you are dying." Well, I did, and I wished she would too! J/K
    It is a tough workout but I can do a couple of real pushups now and I think I am stronger. But 20 minutes a day is not going to add up to significant weightloss...

thanks for the heads up... now i know what i have in store... i do want to lose another 4 lbs by the end of the month so i'm hoping this will do it, but i'm sure you're right, i can't expect much weight loss.i think i'm gonna have to kick it up a notch and add my version of cardio in there...
  • jlo7
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on level 1 day 3 and for some reason I found it harder today than yesterday. I don't know if i just wasn't motivated today or what and I kept thinking about how many more days I had left. You guys have to help me stay motivated!!! Please!!!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Hang in there, 20 minutes a day is very doable! you can do-eet! I think some days are easier than others, it depends on my hydration and nutrition, I think. Well, being tired, hungover and dehydrated makes it harder:)
  • vicidoesstuff
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on level 1 day 3 and for some reason I found it harder today than yesterday. I don't know if i just wasn't motivated today or what and I kept thinking about how many more days I had left. You guys have to help me stay motivated!!! Please!!!!

Day 3 was harder for me, too. I had to march out the jump rope for a few seconds. That really kills my calves and makes them ache even until the next morning.

I'm about to do Day 4 now. I think I need it just to wake me up. Hey ho, it's only 20 minutes...
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    yikes, about to do day 4 after roller blading for an hour... i'm sure i'll get an *&% kicking
  • jlo7
    Options
    I just finished day 4 level 1 and I did much better today maybe because tomorrow's my weigh-in ;) I still need to get out of the girl push-ups, I was 2 short of the circuit 3 arm raises, both times and I was one away from the bicycle crunches. Thanks for the support!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 24, and day 4 of Level 3. I do alright with all but those pushups! those walking pushups kill me every time!
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    WHAT??

i'm so happy when i knock the push ups off early on on level 1, and what do i get to look forward to...? more push ups????

<my biceps and triceps are crying>

ps i almost died in day 4... apparently rollerblading and shredding don't mix. still did it and feel great now. may not be able to walk tomorrow. it's ok, walking is overrated :tongue:
  • funnygrrl
    Options
    hows everyone doing on this? day 5... whoo hoo!! i had to do it at 10 oclock tonight... that was hard :-(

curious, what is everyone's least favorite move on this dvd? i hate the lunge to the side and lift the weights to eye level... i have no strength that way!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Ok, so last night I came home from workout to do the shred before going to happy hour and the dvd wouldn't work. I tried to find it online or on demand but couldn't so I just set the stop watch on my phone and tried to do the 3-2-1 of what I could remember of level 3. The dvd seems to be working today so I better get to it.
    As far as what I don't like, all the plank poses on level 3 are tough, especially when I started doing them right, with my arms perpendicular to the floor and not stretched out in front of me.
    also, I remember the plank move for abs where you bring your knee in and over, I can't do that!