Has anyone tried Raspberry Ketones?

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I found them ineffective, they did make my burps taste like raspberries though.

They just might be worth it for the flavourful burps.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    thanks to all the helpful people for the feedback, as for the rude people............seriously no need it was just a question!. And to the person who says i should have asked 1st b4 i bought them ,i did do research into it b4 i bought them but i was just wanting to know if anyone on MFP had tried them. I thought this was a friendly site, bit disappointed.

Roughly translated:
    Thanks to all the people who said what I wanted to hear, as for the people who have the slightest bit of intelligence and have got fed up of reading the same topic over and over again..... why did you not say what I wanted to hear? You're all mean.
    I did the research (well I listened to the sales pitch) and now I want people to tell me that I haven't just been duped out of my hard earned cash (even though deep down I know I have!).
    I'm reporting you all for being negative :flowerforyou:
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Aside from all the joking, I'm a fat girl who has tried a bunch of things at some point in time and they didn't do anything. I think it's funny how all these people on here are so damn perfect they never try things out of desperation. I wish I could be that way, but when you are morbidly obese and you feel like it's impossible to get where you used to be it's hard not to give in and try things just to see if they will help. With that being said though, a healthy eating plan, regular exercise, and establishing a healthy self image through counseling or whatever it is, is the only way to win the battle of weight loss. Best of luck to you!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love them, I take them everyday. I just consider them an appetite suppressor with a little energy boost. I haven't lost a drastic amount of weight. When I forget to take them, I feel like I'm starving and end up eating like every 2 hours, where as with the raspberry ketones I'm able to go about 4-8 hours with even feeling hungry. Plus I get a little energy boost but no jitters attached.

So your planning on taking them for the rest of your life then?

sure...why not. I've been taking them for almost 5 months now. They are dirt cheap online, I only spend about $4 bucks for a month supply.

I beat you! I pay $10 for a 3 month supply of coffee. It suppresses your appetite, gives you energy, and is all natural. Seriously magical stuff. Dr. Oz needs to get on this. I am going to patent raspberry ketone flavored coffee creamer.

That sounds delicious, sign me up! Let's market a whole breakfast spread while we're at it-- raspberry ketone coffee cake, raspberry ketone cream cheese, raspberry ketone jelly! It's genius!
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    They only work when paired with "diet and exercise" well I could eat a kit kat bar every day and still workout and eat healthy and lose weight. Does that mean its the secret to success? No, Raspberry Ketones are a waste of money, you should have tried to do research BEFORE you bought them.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I love them, I take them everyday. I just consider them an appetite suppressor with a little energy boost. I haven't lost a drastic amount of weight. When I forget to take them, I feel like I'm starving and end up eating like every 2 hours, where as with the raspberry ketones I'm able to go about 4-8 hours with even feeling hungry. Plus I get a little energy boost but no jitters attached.

So your planning on taking them for the rest of your life then?

sure...why not. I've been taking them for almost 5 months now. They are dirt cheap online, I only spend about $4 bucks for a month supply.

I beat you! I pay $10 for a 3 month supply of coffee. It suppresses your appetite, gives you energy, and is all natural. Seriously magical stuff. Dr. Oz needs to get on this. I am going to patent raspberry ketone flavored coffee creamer.

That sounds delicious, sign me up! Let's market a whole breakfast spread while we're at it-- raspberry ketone coffee cake, raspberry ketone cream cheese, raspberry ketone jelly! It's genius!

Oh. Snap. I think we just found our ticket to Oprah. XD
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Aside from all the joking, I'm a fat girl who has tried a bunch of things at some point in time and they didn't do anything. I think it's funny how all these people on here are so damn perfect they never try things out of desperation. I wish I could be that way, but when you are morbidly obese and you feel like it's impossible to get where you used to be it's hard not to give in and try things just to see if they will help. With that being said though, a healthy eating plan, regular exercise, and establishing a healthy self image through counseling or whatever it is, is the only way to win the battle of weight loss. Best of luck to you!

I've been desperate enough to LOOK AT all the products available, and even purchased a cheap "cleanse" treatment (taking a few pills a day for about a week to "facilitate" weight loss, aka take a mild laxative so you'll lose your water weight and think you're losing weight), but was too embarrassed to actually use it. Deep down, we all know it's BS, even when we do want it to work. I'm not trying to be mean to OP or anyone else who's used this product, but this is a pretty well-known hoax by now :/
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    My chiropractor told me yesterday to take them. I told him I thought they were just a gimmick and he said they are not. I am fully aware that a chiro is not a nutritionist or scientist. I still say they are a gimmick.
  • tomaslopez10
    Options
    never bought raspberry ketones , but have raspberry ketones in a supp. The supplement is working excellently so far, sweating like never before, lose cravings to eat all the time. The supplement is called amphetalean and its a great fat burner so far, no scam.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    never bought raspberry ketones , but have raspberry ketones in a supp. The supplement is working excellently so far, sweating like never before, lose cravings to eat all the time. The supplement is called amphetalean and its a great fat burner so far, no scam.

Just from one search:

"AmphetaLean does not actually have the right amounts of any of these ingredients. And realistically speaking, without the clinically proven amounts, you are not actually going to get any results, just for the most part caffeine related side effects. Most of their ingredients have nothing to do with weight loss at all, and yohimbine, a natural aphrodisiac, has been associated with heart attacks, strokes, and renal failure. So obviously, they don’t really have a leg to stand on."

http://www.dietpillcomparison.net/amphetalean/
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JUST EAT FOOD THAT FITS INTO MACROS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU AND STOP TRYING TO CHEAT!

/THREAD.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Lol @ keytowned!

But really... I just learned that my crystal light raspberry tea is actually beaver *kitten* tea.

You learn something everyday.
  • dco17
    dco17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Can you explain why it's bad to eat every 2 hours?? I mean I guess if you are eating a cheeseburger every two hours that might be an issue, but you shouldn't go 8 hours without eating unless you are sleeping. Let me guess, you're only eating 1200 calories or less a day, too? Much easier to do this the healthy way. Eat well, and exercise.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

i like pop tarts. when i eat them, i feel like a super hero. in my mind, i think i can fly and see through buildings. i have the strength of 10... no, make that 100 men! i'm also super handsome and smart and my bank account has too many zeroes to be counted. this is all in my mind of course, but i like to pretend that the pop tarts make me a better person.

i recommend pop tarts to everybody! it doesn't matter if they really work or not, so long as you think they do! :drinker:

PS... http://www.skepdic.com/placebo.html
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    My chiropractor told me yesterday to take them. I told him I thought they were just a gimmick and he said they are not. I am fully aware that a chiro is not a nutritionist or scientist. I still say they are a gimmick.

he's a chiropractor!... that's like asking a witch doctor to give you a surgical opinion.

http://www.squidoo.com/chiroquack
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    Lol @ keytowned!

But really... I just learned that my crystal light raspberry tea is actually beaver *kitten* tea.

You learn something everyday.

Ahh you saw that article too
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am afraid to try them because I am on blood pressure medicine.
  • itsjustdawn
    Options

Um it's good to eat every 2-3 hours. Please tell us why it's a problem?
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Here is the criteria I use to judge weight loss methods. When amphetimines were the rage, it seemed like every over weight person was on them. (regardless of keeping it off or side effects they did cause weight loss while using them) When Phen-Phen came out word of it spread like wild fire.(this is for the purpose of my point).

I figure If something actually works then word of it will spread like wild fire. Doctors, friends, neighbors, strangers, Tv ads, pharmacists, everyone will know about them and recommend them.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Um it's good to eat every 2-3 hours. Please tell us why it's a problem?
    No, it's not "good" to eat every 2-3 hours. It's also not "bad" to eat every 2-3 hours. It's irrelevant to health. It's a purely psychological personal preference.