Best Home Workout DVDs

Options
2»

Replies

• Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels dvd's are under $10 at amazon.com I did the 30 Day Shred and currently doing her 6week 6pack which focuses on your midsection, abs, but you get a good body workout with this one. JM Yoga Meltdown also gives you a really good workout. It is intense, but really worthwhile. I have Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and getting Ripped in 30 and haven't tried those yet.

You tube has many of her dvd's on video for free if you want to go that route.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I swear by Turbofire - yet another Beachbody set. I don't think I ever felt as good as when I was doing Turbofire everyday. It is super intense, but a lot of fun :-)
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    college video dot com very inexpensive workout dvds you can get several so no boredom.
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am workout DVD junkie but HATE working out at home. Have them all. the only one I actually did in sequence and looked forward to every day was Les Mills Pump. "Trainers" keep changing. beginning is short videos but it builds up to more minutes by end of the 90 days. I just got the Firm's newest. short videos. good if you're pinched for time.
  • LGinSoCal
    LGinSoCal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello there, friends!

Alright workout DVD experts...There are some days, especially with this cold weather lately, that I'd rather just workout at home instead of the gym. Does anyone have any DVDs that they *love* and would want to recommend?

I am looking for something that's not too expensive, but is enjoyable. I bought the Beach Body Hip Hop Abs DVDs a few years ago (but they were almost $100) and I really like and still use them. I also bought the Turbo Jam DVDs, but not until they were a little older and were on Amazon for like $20! Soooo....please let me know of you favorite, fun DVDs for working out at home.

Thanks for your suggestions :)
    Jenny

I am Beachbody all the way so I use their coach discount so it doesn't bite as hard. They have deep discounts from time to time. HHA was on sale not too long ago. Same with TurboFire.

Anyway, do you have a subscription to Netflix. You can do those.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to buy a quality piece of home training equipment such as a fairly heavy kettlebell (for you I would say probably 20-25 lbs is ideal, but that's just a guess), suspension trainer, or sandbag training kit, and follow the instructional DVD that comes with it, OR look up good workout using it on youtube. I've been doing nothing but that for a year now with great results.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I love barre workouts. I just got Physique 57, and that is fun. I have a Fluidity Bar and use it with Bar Method and Fluidity workouts. It is a great toning exercise. You can also get core rhythms for cheap right now on Amazon used. The beginner stuff is kind of boring, but you can get a good calorie burn and work your core at the same time. I also have Zumba DVD's, but I find that I like XBOX 360 Zumba Core better.

I just bought Turbofire. I have tried 2 of the workouts so far, and they are more intense than anything else I've done.
  • playprettie1
    playprettie1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like TurboFire. I tend to get bored with workouts and the music on these keeps me going!
  • Jcole05
    Jcole05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your suggestions :) I'm going to finish reading them all, and then order one or two DVDs tonight. Thanks all!
  • Jcole05
    Jcole05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't have a subscription to Netflix, but I've been thinkin' about getting one. I'm kinda shocked that the workouts are on there...thanks for the info!