How often do you work out?

Options
Just wondering how often other people are working out? Right now I'm working out for an hour every other day, how about you?

Replies

• MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    About an hour cardio (50ish mins) 5 days a week and lift 5 days a week.
  • Nessa0506
    Options
    6 days a week. 1 hour
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    About this.
  • TodayYesterday
    TodayYesterday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try to do 1 hour 20 minutes a day, 6 days/week.
  • WilliamFrazetta
    Options
    I started out with 45 minutes a day of cardio and worked my way up to at least an hour a day; no break days for me. I don't feel tired from it, and I guess I'm hooked on pushing myself haha. I'm sure I'll take break days once I get my metabolism adjusted to burning off calories though :P
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    daily

weights 30 mins 4x week
    cardio almost daily 30-60 min..just depends.
  • maa59115
    maa59115 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hour and a half 3x a week.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    At least five times a week but usually every day. I do a few power day (high weight, 1-7 reps) and a few mass oriented days (medium weight, 8-12 reps).
  • Zoesmum025
    Options
    Monday thru Saturday. Leslie Sansone and Jillian Michaels
  • painter1982
    Options
    40 minutes five to six days a week. I have a mostly active life. Your time should depend on how active you normally are, your weight and what the work out is. Like someone once said " slow and steady wins the race".
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    1 hour 2X a week cardio
    45 min 3x a week cardio
    weight machines twice a week
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    4 - 6 days a week, 1 - 2 hrs a day.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    daily

weights 30 mins 4x week
    cardio almost daily 30-60 min..just depends.

Pretty close to this.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    on average i workout anywhere from 45-120 minutes a day 7 days a week. weights, running, rowing, swimming , versaclimber, stairs, walking, jump rope, frisbee, etc.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I get around an hour and a half, 6 days a week. I run for about an hour and do strength training for another half hour or maybe a little longer on ab ripper days.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    When I was actively losing weight? 30 minutes 6x per week (3x cardio 3x weights)

Now I am training for a half marathon I am working out 7x per week 5 days of cardio 40 minutes-2 hours and 2 days of weights, I'm also including about 30 minutes of stretching every day and walking with my neighbors 4x per week (not really for exercise though). One of the days is purely stretching and the walk with the neighborhood gals...so to me that is "rest".

I will mention that I've been on "real" rest for the last few days because of hip pain, but hoping to be back at it on Tuesday, b/c I've already missed 1 day of speed work, a medium run and by Tuesday will have missed 2 long runs :sad: I am still getting in stretching and upper body weight training while I let my hip heal
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    About this.

do you guys do lifting and cardio on the same day? one after the other or split up like morning/evening? also, how intense is the weights session?
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I try to do about an hour 5 or 6 days a week. I usually do a combo of Jillian's 30 day shred for 30 minutes and then I will run 3 miles plus do 10 minutes of stairs at the high school or I will run 4+ miles.
  • shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do about six days a week, I try to get in an hour a day. Circuits, hip hop abs, and will start lifting next week!