feeling guilty after eating sweets

Options
So this morning i went to the gym and put in alot of hard work but i came home and ate four fizzy cola bottles and about 10 chocolate raisins.

I feel so guilty.

Does anyone else feel my pain?

Replies

• KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Last night I drank a ton of alcohol and came home and ate a ton of trailmix. I feel your pain. Haha
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have candy hearts for valentines that I should've never opened :-( I keep eating them and feeling bad. Anything in moderation is ok. Just don't make it a habit. Just because we are dieting doesn't mean we have to go without. I know easier said than done lol
  • sniker_doodles
    Options
    what are fizzy cola bottles? and hell I understand. I make cakes and chocolate. I love baking and desserts lol. that's why this next week will suck. got to make almost 200 chocolates and chocolate covered strawberries
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    OMG yes... and I only munch out on sugar free treats and I feel the guilt. I attribute guilt to how I was raised though (old fashoned catholic school guilt!)... with that in the back of my mind I just tell myself to get over it! One or two splurges will not hurt your journey... and 10 chocolate raisins, heck eaten occasionally chocolate raisins can be good for you!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Put this in perspective...you did a great workout, and ate a few measly sugary calories, don't fret over that :) it doesn't make you a failure ok...none of this chat of feeling guilty ok lol, theres nothing wrong with treats, a little bit if what you fancy does you no harm :-D
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    As long as you didn't go over your calorie limit for the day, then eat whatever you want without guilt.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Someone I know who is a BeachBody coach said, " one day of bad eating isn't going to make you fat, just like one day of healthy eating is going to make you lose fat.." perspective right?
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, after looking at your diary, that is the least of your worries. Looks like weekends are a free pass for you, you don't log at all and when you do your intake is all over the place. I wouldn't worry about the maybe 150 calories you ate. If you are truly committed then log what you eat everyday, measure and move. Be accountable, honest and patient.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You had like a regular serving of candy. It's no big deal. I just ate an entire box of rice crispy's... now that calls for some guilt.
  • Zoesmum025
    Options
    As long as you didn't go over your calorie limit for the day, then eat whatever you want without guilt.
    Exactly!
  • vkmoorthy
    vkmoorthy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Indulging in some of my favorite food is motivation for me to exercise more so that I can stay under my calorie goal. We all need to indulge once in a while else we will not be able to sustain and reach our goals. Don't worry Be happy :D:D
  • breakfree51
    breakfree51 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think the same way as you do, that why I'm the size I'm. stinking thinking, But they are right keep it in prospective that is what MFP does for me. I record my food and guess what it's never as BAD as we think. It is a life change to change your thinking too.