I feel absolutely disgusting.

Options
I just did body measurements and my results were VERY unpleaseasing. Sigh.

Screenshot2013-02-09at10952PM_zpse4eac66c.png

Me:
4326ED2B-9E3A-4836-92C2-0B17239FD854-774-0000015CF51B9FBB_zps34506e81.jpg
00E4A76D-D120-4B61-828A-4BCF5318578E-774-000000F67BA904C9_zps56112deb.jpg

Seriously so depressing to see numbers like that. I'm trying, but...ugh.

Replies

• stacezilla
    Options
    Well, apparently I don't know how to add pictures...so..
  • delaney056
    Options
    Make the IMG's lowercase.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I guess I can't help with your pictures either!
    I suggest you check out the success stories threads. Everyone has to start somewhere. Do your best to be positive. If you really try this could be the last time you weigh however much you weight and you'll look different in one months time. Just get started!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I just did body measurements and my results were VERY unpleaseasing. Sigh.

Screenshot2013-02-09at10952PM_zpse4eac66c.png

Me:
    4326ED2B-9E3A-4836-92C2-0B17239FD854-774-0000015CF51B9FBB_zps34506e81.jpg
    00E4A76D-D120-4B61-828A-4BCF5318578E-774-000000F67BA904C9_zps56112deb.jpg

Seriously so depressing to see numbers like that. I'm trying, but...ugh.
  • stacezilla
    Options
    Thank you!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You just had to change IMG to lower case.

I think you look very pretty and if you are wearing Hunters I may fall in love with you ;)
  • stacezilla
    Options
    I am! I loooooooove my hunters.

Lol, thank you
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think you look good... :smile:
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!

But I understand... sometimes it's hard to not let the numbers effect or mood or make us think that all of our efforts aren't doing anything.. but they are :)
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    To make you feel less disgusting, you are 3 lbs. away from my goal! We are the same height, but I am 183 right now. You look gorgeous!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why are the numbers making you feel this way? How long have you been working at this, and what were you expecting? You must be pretty near your goal.
  • stacezilla
    Options
    Why are the numbers making you feel this way? How long have you been working at this, and what were you expecting? You must be pretty near your goal.

I know I'm not crazy overweight or anything. But, it makes me feel this way because for most of my life I lived comfortably in the 125-130 range. So jumping 20-25lbs was something I really was unhappy with. I don't fit in my clothes anymore and I'm not comfortable in my own skin. I'm not pretending I have bigger problems than anyone else, but I'm just unhappy with myself.

The numbers in particular make me feel even more disgusting because it puts it in perspective more. My hips/waist ratio puts me at risk for coronary diseases and diabetes (according to some studies)

I've only been working a month, really. I haven't been expecting much, but it's still depressing to see.

My goal is getting back to 130.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    To make you feel less disgusting, you are 3 lbs. away from my goal! We are the same height, but I am 183 right now. You look gorgeous!

The three of us are the same height, I'm at 185, and I'd LOVE to get to 150.
    I think the OP looks great, too.
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Every one has a starting point. I am not looking forward to my measurements, but I know in a month I will see PROGRESS and those first set of numbers will just be that, numbers.
  • celticmedic
    celticmedic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look great! Just remember every voyage has a beginning
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You've made a great start, we'll do e on what you've achieved in a month. come back here in another month and see what progress you've made!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Unsure if OP is fishing or genuine. Your hardly obese girl. One look in the mirror could tell you that....?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i don't understand what you are upset about?? are you upset about being awesome?
  • emrldisle94
    emrldisle94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean... I was comfortable at 134 and now I am 148 as well. It is all stress related - my cortisol must be through the roof. Deployments, moving to a foreign country (1/2 way around the world)- you name it and it has happened to me. I am done with excuses and just want to get toned back up and comfortable in my clothes again.
    I love spin and Insanity and that is how I plan to do it.
    You look great by the way- don't be so hard on yourself (says the girl who picks herself apart!).
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    What is your body fat %? I think that is what is bothering you, your body composition. I was looking at your numbers and I'm 5'5"1/2 and my waist is 27 inches and hips 39 inches at 144 pounds... so I think it's your body composition.

Your pictures look good to me though!! Don't be hard on yourself... and lift heavy things!