I was SO proud....

Options
I lost another pound last week, making my total 16 pounds since signing up on this site...EVERYONE has been telling me how good I look and how they can really tell that I've been losing...

So I went to the hospital last night to visit my mama...as soon as I walked in a couple family members that I haven't seen in a while started talking about my weight loss and how much progress I was making....so I was feelin pretty good about myself...

THEN....as I was walking out to leave, I passed the nurses station...and a nurse said "Wow you look ready to pop! When are u due?"

*sigh*

Replies

• NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    :noway:

I had that happen on a plane once...this lady who no kidding was at least three times bigger than me asked me when I was due! I wasn't pregnant. :grumble: :grumble:

:flowerforyou: At least your family noticed tho!!! That's a huge step. Congratulations!
  • AmberWilkie
    AmberWilkie Posts: 33
    Options
    Aww that is awful! Some people can be so cruel :(. Do not worry about it. Just keep moving forward!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You family can tell because they know where you are coming from.....16lbs is awesome...keep it up

The nurse doesnt know you...so she couldnt have known....it may seem mean her asking you when you are going to pop.....but I dont think she meant to be mean....people just speak before they think

Continue doing good

Goodluck
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Don't let that get you down, instead use it as fuel to keep going and showing all those CLEARLY RUDE people that you won't let them get you down. Misery loves company and these people are clearly miserable and want to pass on their horrible comments. You are doing amazing so please just keep going.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I think the opinion of your friends and family is the only one that mattered. Keep your chin up!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    OOF! Don't let the negative get you down. The opinion of your loved ones is what matters most at the end of the day :flowerforyou: Use it to motivate you to continue down this great path to good health.

And P.S. I COMPLETELY understand how hurtful that comment at the nurse's station was. I got a "you're due in a few month's, right?" comment a few years ago. :sad:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Your loss is great!! Don't worry about anything else!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I bet you are looking HOT! :smokin:

Screw that nurse...people can be so stupid and insensitive. For real, if you're not 100% sure the woman is pregnant, don't say anything, especially if you don't even know them. People (especially someone working in the healthcare field) should be more aware of this. My mom used to get it all the time before she hit 50 and now looks too old to be pregnant. Her belly still looks 8 months pregnant though. Poor mommy. And poor you :(

You've been doing VERY well with your weight loss and you should be very proud of your accomplishment thus far! Keep it up and pay no attention those that are ignorant.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Don't let that get you down, you know you are making progress, she's just a total stranger without a sense of tact. You would think people would learn that you can't assume someone is pregnant just because of how they look.
  • khubbard1207
    khubbard1207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    *giggle* I can do that cause I'm family. But really, I know you and I know you wont let that get to you. One day soon all of that will go away.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I know this is easier said then done but don't take it to heart. She was probably mortified about it also. Block that out and just soak up the good things that you heard :) You're doing so amazing and you should still be so proud because you're rockin it :) Great job on your progress so far!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You just get that little green flower to the other flowers! 16 pounds is something you should def be proud of!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I lost another pound last week, making my total 16 pounds since signing up on this site...EVERYONE has been telling me how good I look and how they can really tell that I've been losing...

So I went to the hospital last night to visit my mama...as soon as I walked in a couple family members that I haven't seen in a while started talking about my weight loss and how much progress I was making....so I was feelin pretty good about myself...

Awesome Angee!! party0039.gif Very cool, always feel good when someone notices and sometimes even more so the family because sometimes they notice last it seems, depends on how often you see them I suppose!party0051.gif <~~~water & popcorn (measure out of COURSE!) :laugh: :tongue:

Gonna do a happy monster dance just for you to celebrate!!party0033.gif

Becca:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

THEN....as I was walking out to leave, I passed the nurses station...and a nurse said "Wow you look ready to pop! When are u due?"

*sigh*
    OMG!!! someone said that to me at work!! I had to excuse myself and go cry over it. Sorry that happened to you. :flowerforyou:
  • arfrazee
    arfrazee Posts: 518
    Options
    Thanks so much u guys! (Katie, I'll deal with you later hahaha)

I know it probably just slipped out faster than she could think but it still really just hit me like WTF REALLY? lol
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much u guys! (Katie, I'll deal with you later hahaha)

I know it probably just slipped out faster than she could think but it still really just hit me like WTF REALLY? lol
    I suppose you could have played along and told her your water just broke ... and walked off:huh:
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    Great Job!!! 16 lbs in about 4 months sounds perfect, sustainable, and obviously reflects some lifestyle changes - and is quite refreshing to see around here. I know that in 9 months that nurse will be biting her tongue when you 'deliver' ;)
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    I used to get that all the time... i would just smile and say im not pregnant im just fat.... the look on their face was priceless.....