Question about calorie intake

If my weekly calorie intake is around 12250 to lose around 1.5lbs/week. Is it safe for my body to be around 3000 below that?

Replies

• wow! thats a reaaaaaally big calorie intake allowance, particularly for weightloss. are you sure you calculated that correctly?
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    It's not the best idea.

If you are losing 1.5 pounds per week, you already have a 5250 calorie per week deficit. Increasing that to 8250 is a bit much. Especially since you're barely eating for an adult to begin with.
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    wow! thats a reaaaaaally big calorie intake allowance, particularly for weightloss. are you sure you calculated that correctly?

weekly calorie intake, not daily.
  • wow! thats a reaaaaaally big calorie intake allowance, particularly for weightloss. are you sure you calculated that correctly?

weekly calorie intake, not daily.

haha oopsies. i should read more carefully :) thanks for clearing that up i was getting worried lol.
  • AfreezeAdventure
    AfreezeAdventure Posts: 23 Member
    It's not the best idea.

If you are losing 1.5 pounds per week, you already have a 5250 calorie per week deficit. Increasing that to 8250 is a bit much. Especially since you're barely eating for an adult to begin with.

Problem is that I am eating! I go to the gym every day...sometimes I burn 1k calories per day.. which would put me at 2750 that day. When you put that into the food I have available ( I work in a construction camp) I'd have to eat either terribly greasy or salty foods, or a TON of healthy foods. My "Fill" in foods is basically a handful of mixed nuts here and there.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to find a solution to my problem. Maybe I'll try to snack more between meals.

A side note....This probably explains why I'm getting tired extremely early in the day.
  • AfreezeAdventure
    AfreezeAdventure Posts: 23 Member
    I guess my next question is... Is it safe for me to do this? What are the possible effects on my body such a low calorie intake can have? I mean other than the obvious substantial weight loss at to fast of a rate.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    You shouldn't go below that amount.