Labor Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and Thank Goodness It's Friday! This week seemed particularly long and I'm glad to have it almost behind me. My mood started out a bit funky but I'm sooo glad I didn't let it get the best of me b/c I feel much better today. I purchased a airline ticket to go home in a couple of months (I live in GA but am originally from Boston) and as soon as I clicked the "purchase" button my spirtis lifted. I absolutely love GA but I have no family here so I guess I'm really missing my family and close girlfriends. Anyway, the ticket is purchased and my mood is better.

Today is week 4 day 5 of the P90X program and I decided to complete the Core Cardio and Balance dvd. As I stated in previous posts, I really enjoy this workout and I woke up w/alot of energy and really gave it my all.

Since I'm so use to weighin on Friday I got on the scale this morning and was 122 lbs which means I should be at 121.5 by Monday's weight in. As I stated previously, I didn't think the 2 lb weight gain that I posted on May 11th was accurate and it looks like I was correct. My goal is to stay focused and eat as clean as possible this weekend so I can have a more accurate account of my weight on Monay. Have a great weekend all.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Happy Friday. Congrast Chocolickkyss on pushing thru and staying focused this week.
    I've been pretty focused myself. First week of the BBL program. I didn't want to take it for granted, so I'm still pushing thru and feeling motivated. I"m getting the moves down for sure. So now its just about increasing resistance, weights and trying to do the whole things with no "mini" breaks.
    I'm kinda looking forward to having to do a workout today and Saturday (Sunday is rest day of BBL). Because I noticed the wkends are always a little tough and let the gym go and b/c of that I eat not so good.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend and see you all back for Monday's weight in.
  • OliveCulona
    OliveCulona Posts: 66
    Options
    Wow I don't know how I missed this link until now! I'm back for round 2!!!! I'll continue weighing in on Fridays..
    Lisa-Thanks for taking the initiative to form these groups! VERY HELPFUL!

Weigh-ins
    (Lost 25lbs since January 2010!)
    May 7: 159.4
    May 14: 157.0
    May 21:
    May 28:
    June 4:
    June 11:
    June 18:
    June 25:
    July 2:
    July 9:
    July 16:
    July 23:
    July 30:
    August 6:
    August 13:
    August 20:
    August 27:
    September 3:
    Ultimate Goal: ♥ 140 ♥
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I want IN! I just joined MFP a few days ago & am LOVING the Motivation! :happy:

So I will start my weigh in on Monday!

SW: May 11 244
    May 17
    May 24
    May 31
    June 7
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 5
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16
    August 23
    August 30
    Sept. 6: 224

I've set my goals at 5 lbs per month, but maybe with the motivation from MFP maybe I can lose even more! I LOVE this site!
  • freebirdschick
    freebirdschick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP too and need some accountability as my numbers on the scale are getting me down some since starting Insanity May 3rd.

May 11 155
    May 17
    May 24
    May 31
    June 7
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 5
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16
    August 23
    August 30
    Sept. 6: 120

My husband and I are doing Insanity together until July 5 and then we plan to start P90X on July 12. So my goals are to press play every day and track my food every day.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Saturday! I hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a great start. Today is week 4 day 6 of the P90X program and I just finished rocking out the Core Synergistics dvd. I did see some small improvement w/a few of the exercises so that put a smile on my face.

Well today will be mixed w/work and fun. I have a work assignment that needs to be completed this weekend so I'm going to knock that out some time today and then there's a kite festival here in GA and I'm going to check that out.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I'll go ahead and post a day early and get it over with! I usually weigh on fridays and just use that same number for this monday report. I blew it this week and gained. So I'll post it now so I can move on and start over for the week. Guess I need to keep my goal of staying under my calories every day, and add a goal of choosing healthier options to fill my calories with. I had tons of junk this past week. At this rate, I'm not sure if my end goal is realistic.

May 3: 265.7
    May 10: 264.8
    May 17: 267.0
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal - 230
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I hope everyone's Sunday has been as great and productive as mine. It's an absolutely beautiful day here in GA and I was able to enjoy it a little bit before returning home. Today is week 4 day 7 of the P90X program so it's suppose to be a rest day. Instead of doing my typical WATP or Stretch X dvd I decided to try my hand at jogging/running outside.

I was up and out the house by 8:45 am and at the park by 9 am. So I began jogging a little timid b/c I wasn't really sure if I would be able to jog for the duration of the course. I tried jogging outside back in the colder months and didn't do to well so I didn't have high expectations. However, I was able to get into a decent rhythm and before I knew it I had jogged 1.22 miles in 10 minutes and 30 seconds.....Once at my starting point I took a quick breather and took off running again and would you believe it that I was able to finish in slightly less than 10 minutes......WooHoo, WooHoo, WooHoo! Now I'll admit if felt damn good knowing I could complete more than 2 miles in 20 minutes but I'm unsure if I can do it again.

My hat goes off and I'm taking a bow to all you runners out there b/c that's serious business. Although I did pretty well today I do wonder if I could have done better if I wasn't struggling w/where to put my ipod, car keys, id and phone. So, my question to all you runners is what do you do w/all your things? I can't imagine jogging around the park w/o my id and a cell phone in case of an emergency put I didn't really have great place to put everything. I had a really small purse that I used but it was a bit of an inconvenience.

After completing my 2+ miles around the park I walked another one as a cool down.
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    May 3 216
    May 10 215
    May 17 214
    May 24
    May 31
    June 7
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 5
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16
    August 23
    August 30
    Sept. 6 goal 180

Well, I am glad I lost at least one pound this week, but I am really going to have to get my booty in gear if I am going to reach my goal. I am still really having problems getting in my excersice. I started Hip Hop abs this week, and love it. It seems to be a good match for my current fitness level...gets me sweating, my muscles burning and I don't feel like I am going to die in the middle of it. I have bought Insanity, can't wait until I can do it. So, this week I have 2 goals...to get in a workout at least 6 days this week, and to stay within my calories (or at least close to)
  • cmurphy04722
    cmurphy04722 Posts: 254
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope the weather is nicer for you than dreary DC this morning, though I do intend on making it lovely with some warm oats with strawberries soon :-)

May 3: 158.5
    May 10: 156
    May 17: 154.5
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: GOAL-->140 lbs.

I'm on day 8 of Insanity and my goal is to stay strong and keep up with my 6 workouts/week with hiking/bouldering on my "rest" days. I'm sort of hoping that my foot/ankle issue will be gone soon and I'll be able to start going for a run or getting some sort of little workout after work since Insanity is usually in the mornings. I want to get at least an hour of exercise every day, and some of the workouts are only 35-45 minutes.

I've been fairly good with watching what I eat, but I know I need to watch my sugar and sodium still. Blerg.

Let's do this!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    May 3: 121.5 lbs
    May 10: 123.5 lbs
    May 17: 122.5 lbs
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal- maintain weight btwn 120-125 lbs
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I didn't loose any! But I didn't gain any either. I think I lost some inches. I wore a white pants over the weekend that was too tight last summer and it is now loose. My hubby noticed! He said I looked hot!! :tongue: :love:

May 3: 160.4
    May 10: 157.6
    May 17: 157.6
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 140

Sungyun
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday all! Today is week 5 day 1 of the P90X program which means it's Chest, Shoulders and Triceps day. This was my very first time completing this workout and I just want to say that it should be illegal to have to do that many push-ups (slow motion 3 in 1, plange, floor fly, 2 twitch speed, side to side, 1 arm, clap/plyo and 1 arm balance push ups) in on day. Since these push ups are soooo much more extreme (in my opinion) than the ones done during month 1 I had to complete a great portion of them on my knees and as a result earned my first P90X injury............rug burn on my knee. :noway: :noway: I've never been a fan of chest exercises and these push ups definitely help but I know next week to use my yoga mat.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    May 3: 190.6
    May 10: 187.2
    May 17: 184.2
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: (Goal 165, 25 lbs)

a good week. next monday we fly out for our big trip to NYC. i intend to make this week a good one (cause traveling for a week may move me back a bit). hope everyone has a good week.
  • freebirdschick
    freebirdschick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    May 11 155
    May 17: 153
    May 24
    May 31
    June 7
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 5
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16
    August 23
    August 30
    Sept. 6: 120

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I added the 30 Day Shred to my workout last week, so have been a little sore lately :) The weight is coming off slowly but steadily, and I hope this DVD helps with all of the toning i need to do.

May 3: 138
    May 10: 137
    May 17: 136
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 115 (not sure this is realistic.125 -115 would be ideal, I think)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I am Lisa's DH. I need something to get me back on the wagon. I was discussing with her last week about joining this group, since I blew off the Mayday Challenge. So I'm going to join. What better person to hold you accountable than your spouse.

My lowest weight was on Feb 4th when I weighed 272, that was 64 lbs down. However, in early March I got bronchitis and got out of my routine and never really got back to what made me successful. Since then I have gained 7 lbs.

That being said, My goals are to get back to what I was doing before. Logging my food and excersise on MFP and being around my calorie goal 6 days a week, and only drinking pop once a week. Excersising 6 times a week, 3 cardio/3 weight training. I ran 2 5K's over the winter, I don't think I could that now. One of my first pritorities is to get back to that point. Although with summer coming on cardio might be swimming, bike riding, or in today's case.. golf. So here it goes.

May 17: 279.4
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12: 262
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 250
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Monday weight in is here!!! I'm soo happy for all of you. Eveyone seems to be doing grrrrreat. This is soo exciting. I once again didn't have much change. But since I don't have too much to go, I know it gets a little harder and harder. I will say this. In the last week of completing the BBL program I have lost 3 that's right three inches on my waist alone. I didn't do the rest of my measurements, but I noticed my waist looked smaller so I measured and that's what it said. I couldn't believe it!!

May 3: 175
    May 10: 174.4
    May 17: 174.0
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 160

Personal Goal: To drink at least 1 gallon of water a day and work out at least 6 days a week.

Going to keep the same goals!
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can't beleive that I gained 3 pounds this week. I don't understand it!
    My goal last week was to work out every day. I reached my goal. I spent a minimum of 30 minutes a day on the treadmill walking and jogging.
    My food wasn't great but it wasn't horrible.

This weeks goal - lose those 3 pounds! I will have to increase workout time and really watch the food intake.

May 3: 187
    May 11: 186
    May 17: 189:noway:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30: 160
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    May 3: 167
    May 11: 166
    May 17: 165!!
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal- 160

I am finally at my May Day goal. Only a couple weeks late:laugh: I had originally had a goal of 175, then I changed it to 165 (40lbs lost), and finally changed to 160. My current weight (165) puts me right on the line between overweight and normal. One more pound and I'm no longer overweight!:bigsmile: Woohoo!! I'm gonna try for that pound this week. Unfortunately it's another crazy week. Didn't anyone tell people that school is over? It shouldn't be this crazy anymore!