Are women equal to men?

Options
mredsolomon
mredsolomon Posts: 22 Member
I read a news article (written by a woman) stating that men are not equal to men. So the question is what do you all think. Are women equal to men?

My thought is no. There are a whole lot of things that women can do that men can’t. Comparing women to men are like comparing apples and oranges. So who started the war of the sexes any way?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Needs more context. Equal in terms of what? Physically, men are on average stronger and faster. But that isn't necessarily the case in other areas. I know several women who are brilliant.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    With respect to what?

Generally nobody is equal .
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    No way. They need to know their place, wear their burqas and keep quiet.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    All people are equal but men are more equal than women
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    In what regards? Men, on average, are physically stronger than women. Women have the ability to grow another human being inside their body.

Men are better than women at some things, just as women are better than men at others. I think it's very difficult to quantify the abilities that men have over women and vice versa.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think the sexes are equal. But like you said its comparing apples to oranges. Neither is "better" per se; we're just different.
  • mredsolomon
    Options
    No way. They need to know their place, wear their burqas and keep quiet.

Burqaus are very attractive on a woman. Imaginations run wild when looking at a woman in a burqua.Burqaus are very atractive
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am not qualified to answer such questions, let me go ask the man of the house.
    Seriously though, there is no one person completely equal to another, and gender doesn't have a whole lot to do with that.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Men physically stronger? Pah! That's why we get to be pregnant and give birth???!
  • whierd
    Options
    Men physically stronger? Pah! That's why we get to be pregnant and give birth???!

What does that have to do with physical strength? :tongue:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Grrr
  • mredsolomon
    Options

I prefer that women have the babies. I don’t think I could man up to that kind of pain.
  • whierd
    Options

Grrr

Come at me bro!
  • whierd
    Options

I prefer that women have the babies. I don’t think I could man up to that kind of pain.

I don't think you can push a watermelon through a garden hose either.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It depends. Women are way better at stuff like cleaning, mopping, laundry, serving coffee...
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    in some things the sexes are equal. in others, the sexes are unequal
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Depends on what we are talking about.
  • cheshire1865
    Options
    was this article in Fox News, as I know there was one on their website around this subject? If so, it's nonsense. Fox News is the last place people should get their information.
  • LouMonoLou
    Options
    The question could also be; Are men equal to women?

Anyway,I believe we're the same but we're so different at the same time!

I believe that both sexes should be treated equally because both are humans.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

I don't think you can push a watermelon through a garden hose either.

You could try.