None dairy diet?

Options
Hi, I was just wondering if any of you had heard of the none dairy diet? Basically eating no dairy products or produce with glucose in? Apparently it's suppost to help you lose a lot of weight but I don't really know too much about it....

If any of you have heard of/tried this diet please let me know if it works!! Seriously considering trying it :) You can reply to this forum or feel free to inbox me :) Thanks!!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant so I live on a non dairy diet and have for years. I can't see how it would make you lose weight. Your weight loss is basically calories in/calories out but it really doesn't matter where they come from.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I'm a mutant. I can eat dairy and enjoy it.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    I don't eat dairy, and I'm still overweight. Non-organic dairy is full of nasty stuff though so if that's what you've been eating, for health reasons, it might be better to switch to organic or give it up.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Considering that over 60% of humans are lactose intolerant, diets that exclude dairy are fairly common.

I'm not sure why you would exclude glucose though.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I eat dairy and bread (OMG), Nom Nom.:happy:
  • carlaaa_x
    carlaaa_x Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your replies :) I think I might start drinking soya milk or non dairy....much healthier and I hear it tastes the same :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Unless you are lactose and tolerant, cutting dairy will do absolutely zero for your weight loss. It's about calories.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your replies :) I think I might start drinking soya milk or non dairy....much healthier and I hear it tastes the same :)

Soy milk gives me the runs REAL milk does not.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Considering that over 60% of humans are lactose intolerant, diets that exclude dairy are fairly common.

I'm not sure why you would exclude glucose though.
    Actually 35% of the population are lactose intolerant, with about 65 to 75% with some symptoms of intolerance, but can still consume most dairy. The Asian population, which are in the billions, are about 90% lactose intolerant have a large influence on the overall numbers. If I remember correctly about 14,000,000 Americans are lactose intolerant.

The glucose connection is to me unclear and don't know how that would make a difference.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Dairy can be fattening in quantities so can see where people think they lose weight. You can, but, you can easily end up eating other fatty foods...so just as stated above, it's about calories.

My baby is dairy and soya allergic and I are dairy and soya free for about 6 months and wasn't watching what I ate, lost 20 pounds. Then when I stopped breastfeeding and resumed eating dairy, I gained 30! I really didn't watch what I ate. I missed those foods and couldn't get enough. I wouldn't deprive yourself of foods if you don't have to, you can easily loose the weight without eliminating dairy.

I still don't drink milk though, I only drink unsweetened almond milk, it has the same amount of calcium and no sugar.
  • OmmNomNomNom
    OmmNomNomNom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've gone dairy free and haven't really lost much weight (about 5lbs but I can't def say that's the reason bc I've made other changes), but if you're eating massive amounts of cheese (as many of my friends do), it probably could do some wonders considering it's pretty high in fat/calories. My best recommendation is just try to eat more fruits/veggies less everything else, and find a happy medium! Good luck!
  • Chellellelle
    Chellellelle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, so I try to cut out as many dairy products as I can possibly. The only way I could see it helping you to lose weight is if you eat an excess amount of it currently. Otherwise the only thing it will really do for you is to help reduce bloat (which is extremely common from dairy products).

If you are really thinking about switching to complete dairy-free, make sure you check ingredients on packages. Even if it says it's dairy-free, it might still have a dairy product in it like Casein or Whey.

If you're just looking to cut out cheese and milk, that's easy. As for soy milk, I would say switch to almond milk instead. It tastes better and it doesn't have the negative side effects that soy can have. If you want cheese substitutes - I would suggest Daiya cheese. It's pretty spendy, but it's good!