Here's hoping I stick with it1

I am in my mid-50's, 5'4", six kids, desk job, love bread/potatoes/sweets and have a lazy streak a mile wide. My daughter got me started on this site and after ten days I'm down four pounds from my original 190. That could be a difference in scales, the 190 came from the doctor's office and I just bought a digital scale for the house. I've been taking a multivitamin for several months, and using "HerbaGreen Tea" capsules for two months. I was wondering if anyone else uses any kinds of supplements?

Replies

• cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    You are the most UNLAZY person I know!! You never sit still!! You can do it mom!!!
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    You are the most UNLAZY person I know!! You never sit still!! You can do it mom!!!
    Awww! That is so sweet--and so fabulous you have family support!

I do take some supplements, but more for hypothyroid and depression than weight loss or nutrition. I think of them as 'can't hurt' items, but not something to build around.

Best of luck to you (both)!
  • chitownsweetie2
    chitownsweetie2 Posts: 89 Member
    You can do it! The 4 P's of weight loss:

1. Perception - First believe in yourself, and knowing that you can achieve your goals
    2. Planning - Plan everything, your meals, your workouts and your cheat days!!
    3. Persistence - Stay steadfast. Consistency over time is the key
    4. Patience - You didn't get here overnight, so it's going to take time! So be fair to yourself!!

Best wishes on your journey!!!!
  • That is why I do the green tea; it can't hurt! What did hurt was letting my husband talk me into going to the Chinese buffet-style restaurant today for our Valentine's Day dinner. Big mistake because I found out AFTER how many calories are in even a small portion of certain foods. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!