What a difference a year makes!

Options
arrawyn79
arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
Last year at this time, I was around 208lbs (actually I think a bit heavier but I hadn't weighed myself).

I have now lost 70lbs and for my 5'3 height, i am at 138lbs which I am totally comfortable with. Actually I am 135ish...but whatever. and i don't want to lose any more. Now my goal is to tone up the remaining flabby bits that I still have.

I have gone from a size 18 to a size 6-8. I haven't been this size since Highschool, and I think I might even be a bit thinner than I was in highschool (even though I weighed 130lbs back then). And in the photo on the right (today's photo) i am wearing skinny jeans - a word that never even entered my vocabulary back then and I never eve thought I would ever be wearing skinny jeans! :D)

Here's a photo from when I was in Florida at Harry Potter world back last Feb, and a photo taken today (I hope this works!)

8f15f42f-1291-45db-9da2-85cb15d40404_zps139fe5db.jpg

Replies

• Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job. :) You look awesome. What did you do? :)
  • arrawyn79
    Options
    Thank you! well...i ate really clean and went on a high protein and low carb diet (no white bread, potatoes, pasta). I switched from milk to almond milk. lots of veggies. and i worked out 6 days a week (cardio mixed with weights).

Now I am maintaining, i'm eating more 'normally' and not as strict, but I do work out 6 days a week (lots of brisk walking, and doing Jillian Michaels workouts (30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones) every couple days or so.

basically i'm eating a lot healthier and exercising more. I love working out now!

Apparently I had an underactive thyroid too the whole time i was losing weight from last May until about a month ago! LOL my thyroid doctor said i deserve an award for losing 70lbs with an underactive thyroid! :D
  • cathers_
    Options
    Quite similar to my starting stats so it's great to see a success story and huge congratulations too!
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your success!!!:flowerforyou:
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Great Job!
    Keep up the good work :)
  • ical50
    ical50 Posts: 61
    Options
    Inspiring! Great job! Hope you are very proud of yourself! Best wishes toning and maintaining!
  • lilahk95
    lilahk95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on your successful journey!
  • supergirljen
    Options
    I love the skinny jeans!! Congrats! You look awesome!!!
  • arrawyn79
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! i am so very proud of myself and I feel great about myself for the first time in a really long time (since highschool, and when I started university).

Thanks all for the kind words! :)
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Great job! Hope you are very proud of yourself! Best wishes toning and maintaining!
    totally agree. thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!