Hey all!! Losing weight is harder than i ever imagined

Options
Hey so im 20, ive been over weight for years i really want to change.

I find it hard to motivate myself and find it even harder to eat healthy

Im a university student and i work part time.

so I am 5ft exactly (pretty short) and i started at 175 lbs and realistically would like to at least get to 147 lbs in 36 days ive lost 7 lbs.

Im looking for any one to chat too who finds it hard to get motivated or eat the right foods but also anyone with similar goals or body shape...

=]

Replies

• Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want :) I dont exactly eat the 100% right foods -- but I have a similar goal to you.
    I started at about 168, and Im now about 164. My scales wonky so it's not exact.
    In the short term Id like to reach 140, but in the long term Id like to reach 120 - 125.
    I'm 5"2' so Im short too, 20 yrs old as well.
  • missfroggiexxx
    missfroggiexxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you

What motivates people?!?!

120-125 is a realistic goal...personally i feel like I would be on top of the world if i achieved that!!!
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Right now my motivation is that I have a trip in 5 months to see my boyfriend who I havent seen in a year.
    Ive gained so much weight in that year.
    But my otherwise motivation is just not being so big anymore!
    I get so flustered when buying clothes, trying to get dressed, and doing things I love like hiking.
    It's so annoying to be out of breath, or feel like youre not dressed nice. :(
    I just want to look good for once in my life. And be healthy.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    What should motivate you is that you're young and you have a long life ahead - the question is do you want to stay heavy or make this a lifestyle change? If you want to be healthy, it's time to be serious about counting calories, weighing everything, using measuring cups and spoons....basically, start cooking your own foods. If you're stuck on a meal plan, go heavy on veggies, pick only a deck of cards for meat, and have a very small amount of carbs (even if it means you bring in a measuring cup in your backpack and pour the carb into it pre-eating).

For me, I did only 1 pound a week. I've been doing this now for 6 months and I've lost about 32 pounds (had already lost 2 when I joined here). I went for long walks at least three to four times a week (45 minute walks) and ate right. You'll have to want to be healthy. Your school may have a free gym that you could use...see if you can take a 1 credit weight lifting course if you're paying for a flat amount of credits as it won't cost more. That way, you'll start adding exercise. Sometimes they even have aerobics classes. I know I paid a semester fee for my classes and it covered a certain number of credits, if that's still the case - it would be an easy way to get in exercise and force yourself to go to a class that does it three times a week. :) Good luck. If I can do it at my age, you definitely can do this!
  • missfroggiexxx
    Options
    Thank you!!!

I swim every sunday, and i do an exercise routine 2-3 times a week...

Ive tried yo yo diets since i was 15-16 and of course they fail u. Although ive only lost 7lbs in 35 days... Its nice to finally see the scales go down slowly and not rising... Early days

I am motivated to lose weight. And exercise. Im trying new foods too.... but i am not finding this with out difficulties.

I find it inspirational how amazing everyone is motivated and doing so well on here
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am 18 and 1/2 and what motivates me is I have my whole life ahead of me; I want to live a long life, have a family, and inspire others!! I wish you all the best with your goal you can do it! :)
  • mldevoe
    Options
    Good luck Miss Froggie! You're off to a good start. You have age in your favor, your metabolism is still pretty active.
    Don't put too lofty a goal and get discouraged. More than anything you need to develop healthy eating and exercise
    and the weight loss will follow.
    It definetely takes planning. These days it's pretty easy to grab some bags of lettuce and a some veggies. I make 2-3
    salads each night. I pack one with some fresh lemon and some evoo for dressing, throw in a cold pack &, fork, that
    way I'm not tempted with junk when on the road.
    Add some fruit, bottle of water. I stay away from all of the 100cal carb, this or that. Empty cals and triggers. Another
    fast snach for me is a rice cake, soy butter (just like peanut butter) and all fruit jelly. Tonight I sauteed some boneless
    chicken chunks, onion, garlic, baby spinach, 2T weight watchers cream cheese, 1/3 cup tomato puree, 6 grape tomatoes,
    and 1/2 pkg of Nasoya Shirataki Fettucini noodles. It takes planning and change, but put it first. It is that important for your
    health and weight loss!!
    Monica has great ideas. Good luck!
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think you got some good advice already, I just want to say 7lbs in 35 days is great, and you'll have a better chance keeping it off going slow than fast.
  • missfroggiexxx
    Options
    Thank you to everyone....mldevoe Theres some wonderful ideas in your comment :) Some id like to try so an extra thank you for that