how often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• MyPsalm63
    Options
    Once a month on the first, I weigh and measure. I honestly get frustrated if I do it before then.
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on a daily basis.
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    Weekly when I started out. Now bi weekly. It can ruin your day and discourage you sometimes to not see the numbers moving. Also take measurements. They are vastly more important.
  • klackey23
    Options
    I officially weigh in once a week, but I actually weigh myself every day. I want to stop doing that though since I get annoyed with the fluctuations.
  • Mrsjay27
    Options
    On average once every couple of weeks.. At this point I decided not to record any losses on here until its at least 5 lbs because for me a 1 lb lost may not last...plus I'm trying to lift weights more often and with muscle gains that can make my weight fluctuate. A 5lb loss means I've been consistent.
  • babydocDO
    Options
    Once a week. Weight fluctuates too much on a daily basis.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised at the number of people who weigh in every day...

When I first started I didn't own scales so just weighed in whenever I babysat as a certain persons house who I knew had good scales lol. I think this really helped me as I saw progress every time I weighed.

I recently bought some scales for home and have weighed in once a week. I was worried I would start stepping on the scales between weigh in but it hasn't been an issue.

Nyk x
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Daily here too.

I can easily gain a few kilos in a week lol so I prefer to catch myself before that happens.

I don't get at all upset when it stays the same or goes up though, because in general I am losing at a rate I'm happy with. And as someone above said, it's a great learning tool.

I only ever record my losses, and I record them every time I see one!! I might drop 100gms so I record that and ignore it if I go up and down for a while but as soon as I see another 100gms loss I record it straight away.
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    I was actually trying to stick to once a week and it is good because I'm not so obsessed about it and check it mostly at the same time and day on a weekly basis. Saturday is usually my day. The only thing today is this blizzard that kept me wanting to stay indoors and instead, I uysed my Wii fit board to weight myself but won;t check it in until I go to the gym and weigh myself on the three different scales they have there to be sure. I usually weigh myself on three different scales at my gym just to make sure. I just don't want to get all excited if my Wii Fit scale is wrong because it has fooled me before in the past.
  • debm218
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only log the result if I lose because...
    If you weigh in one day at, say, 200 pounds and the next day at 199 it will say you lost one pound. If the next day you weigh in at 200 and the day after that at 198 it will say you lost another two pounds for a total of three pounds when you've only lost two. It doesn't acknowledge the gain.
    So if I gain - which happens from time to time but no longer concerns me - I don't log that day's weight. I wait until I'm back to where I was the last time I lost and go from there.
    Also, my nutritionist wants me to weigh every day. Seeing the number go down motivates me and puts a smile on my face every morning :)
  • sunnydude
    sunnydude Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 2 times a week, however i record it officially on Sunday mornings.
  • stacey2022
    stacey2022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to weigh myself daily!! Want to weigh in officially on Tuesday evenings, but couldn't help myself a few times and snuck on the scale this week!! I'm seeing losses so far so it's all good!!!! :)
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    once a week, monday morning before i do anything (except pee), totally naked, around the same time
  • flutterbug123
    flutterbug123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    once every two weeks
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning and after every workout. I officially weigh-in once a week.
  • amygher
    amygher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    every morning - i mark it every time it moves - up or down. i haven't had any upticks yet, but i know it'll happen. good luck!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    every 2 weeks
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday morning
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Daily in the morning. Probably obsessive ...but keeps me honest.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only log it once per week (Tuesday morning this year, but last year it was Sunday morning) and I take measurements every 4 weeks. I'm in maintenance, but in the past when I started to gain weight, I quit weighing, so I'm not planning to quit this time, or at least not for now.

When I travel, I don't weigh.