Anyone else juicing?

Options

Replies

• Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Allison did you peel the clementines first? Try that next time. I never leave the rind on citrus b:laugh: ecause it really adds a bitter taste.

No, I didn't. Lesson learned. It was geee-rooss.

Thing is, I've juiced oranges and lemons with the rind on and it hasn't been bitter or overpowering. But the clementines, YOWZA, it was undrinkable.

Also could be that I juiced them solo with rind on, no other frits or veg in the mix. Screw hair on my chest, one sip turned me into a female wookie. :laugh:
  • evemarie1103
    Options
    I went vegetarian first before I decided to juice. I suggest you ease into it. What I did, Cut out all meat the first week. Second week, I stopped using additional oils (butter, olive oil, etc), sugars, and lowered my dairy intake. So I eat oatmeal for breakfast, a big green salad for lunch and nice, healthy juice for dinner. Once my body gets use to it, I plan on juicing two meals, eating one. Then eventually switching to juicing all meals. I love it, I feel so energized and no longer need coffee!!
  • lease1981
    Options
    Ive juiced multiple times in the past with only juice but I just couldn't do it, Now i just juice whenever i feel like it:) But i did find some really good recipies:) one that was really good is celery, apples, cuccumber, and i think carrots, i believe i added extra apples. apples help to add sweetness ginger also helps with taste too.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Juicing is actually different than what a blender like the nutra bullet does. Juicing removes the fiber so the gut doesn't have to work as hard and the nutrients are more easily absorbed. Blending dumps a ton of fiber directly into the gut without the benefit of the digestive process starting with lots of saliva getting mixed into the food. It's not a great idea. It's hard on the gut, can give you gas, and the fiber blocks absorption of some of the nutrients you're taking in. But I guess if that's the only way you're gonna get some raw veggies in you then go for it.
    On the other hand, most people don't get enough fiber in their daily diet, and blending is much more filling.
  • Thanx for recipes will give em a try!
  • bkind2nmals
    bkind2nmals Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I juiced for ten days and it was AEWESOME!! I went off the juicing to attend a birthday party out of state, but I am planning to return to it next week. I haven't felt that good in year, and I lost 12 pounds!! (unfortunately, wI did not break the fast right and I ended up putting a lot of the weight back on, but I figure if I do it again, it will be for longer and I will break the fast correctly and not pack the weight back.) I highly recommend juicing!!
  • Kathleen568
    Options
    I find that if you add kale and spinach to your juice, it adds good protein. My "breakfast juice" is kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, carrots, apple, and lemon. It's very good and surprisingly satiating!!! I stay full easily until lunch after having that in the morning.

Another good juice is 2 beets, 2 carrots, and 2 apples. It's vibrant color is beautiful on the eyes, it's sweet to drink, and great for your kidneys!!! Enjoy!!!
  • losin4ever
    losin4ever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm thinking of juicing. friend made me a great juice of kale,spinach,cucumber,apple,lemon and celery.
    yum... felt great all day...well half of...i am looking to buy a jucer and jump on hte wagon...
    have over 75llbs to lose...anyone else?please add me...i would love some help on this journey

Donna
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I make a juice almost every day. I LOVE juicing. I don't do it with a blender. Like the other poster above said adds a bunch of fibre to pile up. I still get all my fibre goals from smoothies and other things. Feel free to add me as a friend to see what ingredients i use. i also eat mostly clean.

My coffee substitute most mornings is

2c kale
    1 Lemon including peel
    2 apples

Yumm! I calculate nutrition and calories at Phytos.com
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have been juicing as well, but have yet to found anyone to do a week cleanse with!
  • losin4ever
    losin4ever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start with 3 day over weekend......friday, sat and sun...or sat,sun and mon.....getting juicer either wed or thur..
    then off to get produce......
  • humblelove1018
    Options
    i want to buy a juicer this week..my friend does the juicing and has lost alot of weight..
  • pattyvogler
    Options
    What brand of juicer is recommended? I bought a Sharper Image juicer from Bed, Bath and Beyond last year but it does a crappy job. There's way too much juice left in the pulp. I'm thinking of getting a different one this year but don't know what to get.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Rabble rabble rabble rabble!!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    No but I do like to have a smoothie here and there for breakfast with things like spinach (Which I NEVER liked before), clementines, mixed berries yogurt and things like that.... I need solid food and lots of it to keep this girl happy.
  • keic10688
    keic10688 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did a juice diet for 10 days and lost 15lbs. I also made some really gross ones but also found some I really liked. I followed recipes from reboot with Joe. http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/recipes/
  • cheryl529h
    cheryl529h Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 3-day juice only fast right now. Am on day 2. Have had some very yummy juices and a couple that were just plain awful! Taste is an individual thing though so what one person like another may not. After my 3-day fast (and the word "fast" is such a misnomer since when you juice, you tend to take in as many calories as when you eat ... at least I do), I plan to resume a regular, healthy diet and supplement with 1 or 2 juices per day.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I personally think green smoothies are better long-term for you as you have all the nutrients inside, but broken down so your body can absorb more. BUT, there is a LOT of fiber in green smoothies, and that's too much for some people's digestive tract.

If that is your case, then I think juices get you almost as much benefit. And you'll just have to get your daily dose of fiber elsewhere.

My diary is open if anyone wants to see how I "drink" my breakfast/lunch every weekday (or most), and then have big and fulfilling dinners.

Quite simply, I drink my greens because otherwise I would have to eat a veritable trough of greens, and I simply can't do that without dressing. Smoothies makes it work for me.