2500 calorie-burning exercises

Options
So I calculated I burn around 2,300 calories a day (I sit all day, is that even possible?). And I wanna lose 1 pound a week. In order, I have to burn 2,500 each day. Does that mean I have to burn 800 calories or actually 2,500? O.O How long does it take to burn those? I do weights for 30 minutes and zumba for 50 minutes. How many calories do you reckon I lose? Thanks guys!

Replies

• kjd10489
    Options
    Is the 2300 your maintenance rate? If so, multiply that by 7, subtract 3500 ( number of calories needed to lose one pound per week), then divide by 7. You should get 1800 and that is the number of calories you need to consume per day to lose 1 pound a week. If you work out, you can eat more calories.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    It is possible if you are very large.
    When you click on "add exercise," you can enter the time, and MFP will calculate your calories burned for you. Be warned- they overestimate. I enter half my time.
  • kukspuks
    Options
    No. I eat 1,200 a day. Online it says I burn 2,300 calories by digesting and just throughout the day. Then, in another link it says I have to burn 2,500 calories to lose 1 pounds a week. So, does that mean I have to burn 800 calories or actually burn 2,500 calories by exercise? If you understand what I'm saying.....
  • kjd10489
    Options
    You need a deficit of 3500 for a pound, 7000 for two pounds
  • kukspuks
    Options
    It is possible if you are very large.
    When you click on "add exercise," you can enter the time, and MFP will calculate your calories burned for you. Be warned- they overestimate. I enter half my time.

To lose one pound, you need a calorie deficit of 1600. Two pounds is 3200. That is for the week, though.

Ohhh... Okay. So does that mean I need to burn 1,600 calories in a week? So like around 230 each day eh?
  • kukspuks
    Options
    You need a deficit of 3500 for a pound, 7000 for two pounds

Sorry I'm asking so much questions. :tongue: So I should burn 500 calories each day eh?
  • kjd10489
    Options
    If you are eating 1200 and you burn 2300 then you should already be losing about 2 pounds a week as you are creating a 7700 calorie deficit.
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This will help you figure out your calorie goals;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

This will factor in your activity level.
    I choose sedentary and eat back my exercise calories.
    If you eat too low below your BMR then you may start to stall.