How Many Calories Do You Burn

Options
MalyMal
MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone know the estimated calorie number you would burn off in a Les Mills Body Combat Class ??? It is a 60 minute class; If anyone knows that would be great I am having some trouble adding it to my exercise diary.

Thanks,
Frustrated :)

Replies

• TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know i'm not the only person that's goning to say this, but invest in a heart rate monitor that tracks calories burned. It's the only way to really get a truly accurate idea of how much your burning.
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    When I used to go, my instructor said you could burn "up to" 700 cals per hour.

But it all depends on your weight and how hard you work.

I would probably just log it as "high impact aerobics" to be on the safe side, unless you can use a heart rate monitor to be sure!

I found that I burn 504 cals in a Zumba class, but articles on it claim you can burn 1000, so if I took the 1000 as a given, I may overeat almost an extra 500 cals I hadn't even earned!
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    Hombre is right - I only used my heart rate monitor now whenever I do ANYTHING. You don't have to jump through hoops trying to google stuff and estimate what you might be doing. I wanted to see what your class was all about as I never heard of it and found this article - maybe this will help you:

http://nzglen.wordpress.com/2008/09/24/calories-burnt-in-a-bodycombat-class/
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I would agree. A heart rate monitor is the way to go. Really depends how hard you are working. I've doine the same spin class and my calorie burn has varied by as much as 100 calories.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Aside from buying a heart rate monitor, combat class sounds like kickboxing to me. Add it as that rather than aerobics (which shows much less calories). That’s how I add my Turbo Jam – its specifically listed as “Kickboxing – Including Turbo Jam”. Turbo Jam is supposed to burn up to 1000 calories as well per hour with the weighted hand gloves but at my weight I would burn <600.