protein supplement for woman low cal and high protein???

snowwwhite
snowwwhite Posts: 10
edited September 20 in Recipes
hi there,

can anyone please recommend me a good womans protein supplement/powder/mix thing that i can use to top up my protein consumption for the day; which isnt high in cals, fat and carbs? Something for woman that dont want bulky arms but instead a lean and fit body?

Im going to be using this in the morning in a smoothy for breakfast (simply milk, mixed berries & banana), so something that doesnt taste bad would be great to add this to get the protein i need to get me started for the day.

Some times i may want to use this at lunch at work as well if i dont have anything organised, but most of the time i will be having lean meats for lunch and dinner to meet my protein needs.

Replies

• CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    There are a lot of proteins out there. I would suggest this one:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nb/lowcarb.html

Its 0 carbs and 210 calories. I buy from this website and they are fast and reliable, so anything you find on there would be shipped quickly and assured.
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Here is a lower calorie one but I dont know how it tastes. There are 176 people on the website who use it though.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bev/muscle.html
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    I add a little bit of tofu to my smoothie in the morning. I also put frozen blueberries and a banana in it, and I can't even taste the tofu. But there are different kind of tofu, just compare the ingredients, you want high protein with the least amount of carbs! Hope this helps you out!
  • louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    :smile: I use body supreme pure whey protein powder in chocolate. I have had the strawberry one as well and they both taste great.

One scoop has 19 grams of protein and only 109 cals. It is v.low sugar/fat and carb.

Strawberry makes a great smoothie with berries and the chocolate one with a banana.

I love it and here in the UK It is only £17 and lasts the whole month.BARGAIN!!:drinker:
  • snowwwhite
    snowwwhite Posts: 10
    thanks heaps everyone, the body supreme pure whey protein powder sounds really good hopefully i can get it in australia :) i actually love the taste of tofu as a savory dish and would have some stirfried for breaky but it isnt good for my skin, as soy contains a lot of hormones :(
  • lb4lb
    lb4lb Posts: 26 Member
    I use intek from Max Muscle, mix with 10oz water,I add 2 tbs plain Greek yogurt and fruit, fills me up until lunch.
    34grams of protein,160 cal.............several different flavors to choose from, I opted for the vanilla and daughter bought cookies & cream...............you can also freeze for dessert:wink:
  • I like EAS advantage- Low carb- 11oz bottle
    17g of protein
    0g of fat
    and only 110 calories!
This discussion has been closed.