What a difference 6 months make

Options
Journey complete. Started off middle level of obesity. Decades of weight gain and not really being bothered by it.
After a test coming back as border line diabetic, followed by a safer reading, I took this as a warning sign: Sort it out so that i don't fall over the line into diabeties.

So out with sensible healthy eating and a little excercise, and TADA! BMI now 25.2 and I'm a size 10 (UK) clothes

Had a night off the other night where as an experiment we ate the way we used to. The result. We found it lacked flavour, was not filling despite stuffing over 2000 calories in a meal and completely unsatisfying. Also felt like **** all the next day. How did I never notice all this before?

So never going back, happy to be a smaller, healthier me

Here is a before and after pic for you to see the difference
Me_Jul12.jpg
Me090213.jpg

Replies

• Clarkplus
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Wow what a transformation in such a short time, congrats!!!

Like you said, I also don't like eating crap full of empty calories anymore.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD!! Talk about a new woman!! Yvonne you look absolutely gorgeous :heart:
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fantastic...you are an inspiration to us all.
  • wolfiesgirl
    wolfiesgirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great loss, you look fab! The 1st night I had off I was ill all night, bad cramps, upset tummy.....Well done and good to see another Brit on here!! lol xx
  • annalisa5525
    Options
    Amazing and congratulations on achieving your goal !!!!!!
  • lauraturburville203
    Options
    That is awesome! well done you! I have only just joined today. I have been on a calorie controlled diet with some light exercise for the past 5 weeks. I was 16st 4lbs when I started and today I weigh 15st 7 1/4 lbs so it seems to be working..I was in size 20 uk size now fit size 18 uk. any tips, please share..again well done. Laura x
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Bravo!
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Keep up the good health!
  • tigga61
    tigga61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    amazing difference well done xx
  • grunggy
    grunggy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow Hun... You did all the hard work and now it's paid off. Healthier you looks fantastic. Happy for you you have done an amazing job. Shred kicks *kitten* ... Lol
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!!!
  • Lauralei36
    Lauralei36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!