Anyone giving up something unhealthy for Lent?

Options
2»

Replies

• groke101
    Options
    I gave up all sugar last year, really quite difficult as it is hidden in everything, this year I have given up so much already that I don't think I can stand to give up anything else.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Going to give up my girlfriend, just found out that she Lent herself to her old boyfriend.
  • Cockney365
    Cockney365 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up:

1) Chocolate for the ninth year in a row. The midnight chocolate fest on Easter Sunday is family tradition now, my sister and I both set a £10 limit and spend that on any chocolate we want to pig out at midnight (we never stick to £10 and we never eat it all but we don't really mind).

2) Takeaways (I don't eat a lot of them but it means I have an excuse to NOT order Chinese/pizza/Indian when at a friends house).

3) Horsemeat found in 100% beef products like Findus' Spaghetti Bologneighs :)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give up procrastination for Lent, but I keep putting it off.

LOL
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give up facebook and hopefully use that time to walk/run. I'm going to do a 5k next month.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Meat (excl. fish)
    chocolate (ALL chocolate)
    biscuits (I like to dunk in my tea...but I don't have normal tea anymore)
    cow milk (just to see what all the fuss with almond and soy milk is about)

thought about giving up alcohol and realised I'd only be lying to myself !
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Trying to work on my potty mouth...especially around my kids! Also decided last night that I will try giving up pizza. It just makes me feel gross anymore to eat, so might as well.
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    I will be giving up enriched flour and white rice along with red meat. Dedication and perseverance plus it will reset my buttons:-)
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up all processed foods (especially carbs!) I'm so scared! It's going to be hard!
  • gquinn211
    gquinn211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Crisps, diet coke and I'm gonna take up exercise!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Gave up sodas 4 years ago for Lent & haven't had one since. Once I was able to drink them again, they tasted horrible & I just did not want them anymore. This year, I am trying to cut processed food out. Hoping to have the same success as I did with the sodas!! Good luck to you!!
  • newfette81
    Options
    I give up chocolate for Lent. I'm also gonna use the 40 days to cover the distance of a triathlon. I'm reading in a wedding at Easter and imma use it as extra motivation to keep me going till then!
  • triciareeves1
    triciareeves1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up all processed foods (especially carbs!) I'm so scared! It's going to be hard!

You can do it!!! I have been Paleo friendly for a couple months. I feel great. I still have to have cheese on occasion though... So that is why I say paleo friendly
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am currently planning to give up fast food (except for pizza). It's not healthy, and most of the time I feel pretty gross after eating it. Hopefully it will be a permanent change.
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bread
  • pilze0
    pilze0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda scared, but I'm giving up sweets :sad:
  • phykes203
    Options
    All animal products (meat, cheese, milk) and alcohol. They are both addictions for me so I'm going cold turkey.