Anyone into anime?

Options
1235»

Replies

• BlasianIvy
    BlasianIvy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like anime/manga. I can't say I'm as dedicated to any fandoms as I used to be when I was 14 to my early 20s, but I still love it (and animation, in general). My faves are DBZ, Bleach, FMA, and a few more.
    My friends cosplay, and I usually take their photos. The last time I cosplayed was a couple of years ago at ACen as Cuba from Hetalia, while my friends were Russia and China.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    IMAG2651.jpg

halloween 2012
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i liked princess mononoke and akira.

used to love watching dragon ball z in college on nicktoons

ronin warriors also while not anime or manga, watership down is an excellent movie

more of a comics fan here
  • EvilPoser
    EvilPoser Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love anime. I'll admit I don't watch as much as I used to when I was younger but I still enjoy them sometimes. I started with Sailor Moon. My favorites since then have been Rurouni Kenshin, Saiyuki, Gundum Wing, .hack//SIGN, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing and I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment. The most recent anime I've watched is Persona 4 which is based off the video game. The art for the Persona series of games is anime style and the stories are brilliant.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I love anime and I'm always looking for new friends with similar interests ❤ not too mainstream here, my favorite series is K-ON! and I love slice of life series the most :)

Anyone can feel free to add me!

tumblr_mazsjubbRw1qzqnxxo1_500_zps56331469.gif
  • LunarGypsy
    LunarGypsy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow anime freaks and geeks! (Which is a show I love BTW, ahem, lol). Would love to be friends with some like minded otakus! I'm into pretty much everything you can think of from the mainstream stuff to the more obscure. My mainstream faves include FMA, Bleach, Death Note, Fruits Basket, etc. But my all time fave is Ayashi No Ceres (the japanese version, NOT the horrid english dub!). I also adore Kurau Phantom Memory, K-ON, Higurashi, Lain, Another, Gantz, Vampire Knight, Shuffle, Tokyo Majin, Kaze NO Stigma, Angel Beats, Ao No Exorcist.....I could go on forever, honestly. I read ALOT of manga, and I guess i'm pretty weird cause I tend to seek out horror manga. (My fave mangaka in the genre being Junji Itou). Anyone and everyone feel free to add me so we can talk anime and manga while losing weight!
  • MissJediKnight
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE ANIME <3 AND MANGA
    I go to conventions all the time!!

Fav animes are Vampire Knight,Fruits Basket,Soul Eater,Outlaw Star and Ouran Host Club
    I love so much anime that I cant name it all <3

Fav manga is Fruits Basket,Vampire Knight,Pet Shop Of Horrors and DN ANGEL <3

Add me on here if u want,I love meeting new people who have same interests and its nice to have people who are also losing weight as well

25 lbs down <3
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ANIME AND MANGA! There are really no anime conventions and cosplays where I live but I love them!!!! ONE PIECE , NARUTO ( omg are you reading the latest?!) BLEACH, FAIRYTAIL!!! I have a one terabyte HD only dedicated to anime!
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    LOL....I'm not, but my daughter is so into Hetalia it isn't even funny! She also likes Black Butler, DBZ, and something else I can't quite remember. I took her to her first Comic-Con this year and I was AMAZED at how many people were into it! Its pretty neat!
  • debmphillips
    debmphillips Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm really into Naruto Shippuden & Bleach (but after Aizen, meh...) I read Shippuden manga & can't wait for the anime to catch up (that is if they stay off the sidepath for awhile LOL) :bigsmile: Although some of the side stories are really good. I just don't have the time to do much more but glad to see this is a topic on here:flowerforyou:
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ANIME AND MANGA! There are really no anime conventions and cosplays where I live but I love them!!!! ONE PIECE , NARUTO ( omg are you reading the latest?!) BLEACH, FAIRYTAIL!!! I have a one terabyte HD only dedicated to anime!

I love anime and manga too. I've recently been choosing randomly across Crunchyroll to watch more because I'm starting to max out my hard drive, so I'm going to have to get another dedicated drive (Detective Conan and it's 700+ episodes, movies, and OVAs are killing me!). Some recent watches have been Another, Gosick, InuXBoku Secret Service, Black Butler, The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, And Fairytail.

Some of my favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Trigun, xxxHOlic, Gungrave, GunXSword, Outlaw Star, Fruits Basket, Ghost Hunt, Darker than Black, Speed Grapher, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Detective Conan, Mushi Shi, Spice & Wolf and a whole bunch more...

I'm always looking for new recommendations for anime, and friends who are anime lovers, so anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    OMG, I love anime!

Haha, sorry to say, I am kinda mainstream. When I was in middle school I read tons of Fruits Basket, Death Note, etc.

Nowadays I read less mainstream stuff like xxxHolic, After School Nightmare, Detective Conan, etc. (Techinically, DC is VERY mainstream, just in japan. :P )

I read those when I was in middle school too ;3. I found Fruitd Basket a bit too melodramatic for my taste @.@. It was great at first, but Takaya-sensei loves to play up things that aren't particularly supposed to be dramatic XD.

After School Nightmare was really interesting. I'm also reading Kurobara no Alice by the same person, her style easily goes from light-hearted and funny to extremely dark XD.

xxxHolic I've watched along with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, and read the manga in tandem, CLAMP really mindf*cked me there o___x.

Conan I watched but dropped after the 60th episode or so XD, just couldn't keep up with it ><.

I'll add you ^^!

About the Tsubasa thing-- I used to read Tsubasa, before I got bored and tried to read an online synopsis. Total, completely mind *kitten*. I couldn't think for about an hour afterwards, I was so confused. It would've taken me about 300 volumes to comprend the whole clone and dying and just EVERYTHING!

I've heard of Kurobara no Alice, but I've never read it. I was so sad about the ending of After School Nightmare... though I was 11 when I read it, and it was probably too mature for me at the time. >.<

And I was a total Conan freak until last year, when studying took up too much of my time. But whenever I hear from my friends something juicy about the Black Organization, or ShiRan, I tune right back in. :3

I <3 DC and I have not been able to stop watching it. I think I've been watching faithfully for at least 6 years now as soon as I discovered the show. I had to search everywhere to get the Japanese subtitled version, rather than watch the Funimation mess they showed in the US (I still can't figure out why they Americanized the names). I've recently been trying to get ahold of all of the manga.